update freeversion

Welcome Quixote -

732 is from Malwarebytes and (12029,0) is from Microsoft both saying to check your settings -

The error codes you have shown are notices that your internet connection is not fully active as you attempted to D/load or update - These can be altered by an infection - (if you have had one recently) - Or if changes have been made to other areas of your computer -

Please read the link below and recheck your settings -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

Let us know how you go as there are other options -

Thank you for visiting (hope this helps) - :D

Welcome Quixote -

732 is from Malwarebytes and (12029,0) is from Microsoft both saying to check your settings -

The error codes you have shown are notices that your internet connection is not fully active as you attempted to D/load or update - These can be altered by an infection - (if you have had one recently) - Or if changes have been made to other areas of your computer -

Please read the link below and recheck your settings -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

Let us know how you go as there are other options -

Thank you for visiting (hope this helps) - :D

I performed the steps outlined in the link but I still can't get it to update. Do I have a bug? If so, what else do you suggest?

Hi again -

This is a direct quote from a Microsoft site -

Error Code 12029 - Internet Cannot Connect.

(1) Make sure you have an active and working connection to the Internet. If you are viewing this page, you more than likely have a connection.

(2) If you have a firewall, it might be preventing First Class from accessing the Internet. Try turning off your firewall temporarily, and then try to update again. (Remember to turn it back on again when you're done.) If turning off your firewall eliminates the error, then you will have to change a setting so that the firewall will give permission to First Class. Consult the manual for your firewall. If you are using the Windows XP firewall, go to the Control Panel and open Windows Firewall. On the Exceptions tab, click the Add Program... button, select First Class Version 2, and click OK. If you are using Norton Personal Firewall, you can get instructions on how to configure the firewall here.

(3) If you have a firewall or a DSL modem, you may need to use passive FTP. To turn on this feature, start Internet Explorer. Click on Tools > Internet Options... On the Advanced tab, you should find a setting that says "Use passive FTP" or something like that. Make sure that check box is checked, then click the OK button.

You can visit it by typing "error code 12029" into a search box and checking out the heading of - Error message-First class Version 2 -

There is a diagram shoeing settings that I could not recover from their site , but you can see it if you will visit there -

It relates to items like I spoke of above -

If you have Dialup or Known 'dropouts' this can also be a reason -

Please let us know how you go with it -

Thank you - :D

Please hit the FAST REPLY tab when answering - Thank you -