Infected w/ Malware Defense, can't run MBAM even after renaming

c-beck

My computer is infected with Malware Defense. I just noticed this weekend so it had to have happened within the past few days.

I installed MBAM, had problems with the install file not working, I diligently read through these forums and the renaming worked for that. I was able to install MBAM.

I have not, at this point been able to get MBAM to ever run for me though! I tried renaming it and it does nothing. It did it in and out of safe mode. I did it with and without internet connectivity. I am stuck. This forum has helped many people so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks in advance!

Hello c-beck and welcome to the forums.

Let's see if we can run a couple of tools.

Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.

• Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Allow the driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

This is closed due to lack of response.

If you are the original poster and need this re-opened, send a PM to a moderator.

For all others, if you are having some malware issues and need help, open your own New topic, following forum requirements:

I'm infected - What do I do now?