installing older versions of Malwarebytes (rollback)

Since installing version 1.42 (paid subscription) on my Vista computer, mbamservice.exe has become a memory hog. After a few hours of operation, it is using nearly 500-MB of RAM. Even closing the program does not release the memory. I must delete the mbamservice.exe process in Task Manager.

I understand that a fix is coming (1.43?) but was wondering if I can install an older version to eliminate this problem. Is this a viable fix? I have the setup file for version 1.41 saved.

OK, I will just leave it off until the new version is released. A rollback feature would be nice to put on the wish list though. I had to stop Malwarebytes from loading on 8 customers' PC's because of this. Fortuntately, I was able to do this remotely for 5 of them.

The problem is older versions are actually incompatible with newer versions of the detection database used by Malwarebytes' so they wouldn't be able to update their definitions when running an older version. Malwarebytes' also automatically downloads and installs newer versions of the software itself when they are available so a rollback would only last until an update was performed.