Program won't run

Hi,

I need help. I've been invaded by Personal Security malware. It's awful! I downloaded and installed Malwarebytes. But every time I try to launch it to scan, it disappears. I'm thinking the malware is responsible.

What do I do now??

Thanks for any help you can give. I don't want to do a reformat if I can help it.

Hello and welcome!

You seem to be infected and You need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum and someone should get to you soon and help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

1) Instructions before posting to the Malware Removal Forum

I'm infected - What do I do now?

2) Starting a New Topic in the Malware Removal Forum:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

NOTE: If Malwarebytes won't run or GMER won't run please still create a new post in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum and explain what happens.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your post within the first 48 hours. Replying to your own posts changes the post count and will often cause helpers to think that you're already being helped and thus they won't open and look at your post. If no one has replied within 48 hours then please go ahead and either reply to your post or send a private message to a Moderator and let them know that you're still needing assistance.

In the meantime, please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by another malware removal helper, or should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Furthermore, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion or conflicts for the helper, helping you in the Malware Removal forum.

Good luck.

With Regards,

Extremeboy

Hi,

I need help. I've been invaded by Personal Security malware. It's awful! I downloaded and installed Malwarebytes. But every time I try to launch it to scan, it disappears. I'm thinking the malware is responsible.

What do I do now??

Thanks for any help you can give. I don't want to do a reformat if I can help it.

.....SAfe mode?? :D when i boot in safe mode, i like to change the shortcut of an antivirus or spyware program to something completely random because some viruses track the name of an exe or shortcut. i advise to right click, and rename to something like "fwfhlawfbewhfl" and try running it. If that phails, ........ call tech support. :)

Hi again Danny9 -

Even though this is not relevent to the topic , here is a quick response -

We act as the go between for tech support , if you noticed -

We hold the front line and if there is no simple solution (at many times there is) then we send them onto our tech support -(Like extremeboy)

Again, Thanks for your interest - :D

Hello.

Although we wish to help you as soon as possible we have several different members that require help from various of different forums that some of us helpers volunteer our time. Although what Danerd9 may not be wrong, this forum is not for dealing with malware related issue and thus why we want you to post it in the Malware Removal forum so we can deal with it over there. Each problem can have various of solutions and sometimes more work is involved and not just one straight answer. Once you start a topic there, someone should get to you soon.

Thanks.

With Regards,

Extremeboy