kgm456

malicious ip address(es) pop ups-every 5 minutes

Hello,

I was getting the pop up message saying malwarebytes had blocked a malicious address every 5 minutes. I got on to this forum- the fix was to run the update function. I did that, and although the pop ups are not every 5 minutes now, they are still running about every 10-15 minutes. Was the fix a fix-in-progress? If not is there a way for me to disable these messages, as they are really distracting.

Thanks

Hi.

The 'fix' you referred to was false\positives generated in XP and the way it handled the IP filtering. That was indeed corrected.

What you're experiencing now are other IPs deemed malicious.

Download the zip file linked below. Run the installer contained within

http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam_ip_policy_shortcuts.zip

Once installed you will be able to do all listed below by clicking the option desired via the Start>>All Programs>>Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware menu:

1- Enable-Disable IP Blocking

2- Enable- Silent IP Mode

3- Enable-Start IP Disabled

4- Undo or Disable IP Blocking

5- Undo or Disable Silent Mode

6- Undo or Disable - Start IP Disabled

If you want to have sites blocked silently choose option 2

It is recommended you reboot after making any changes.

This is a temporary fix until we incorporate these options into Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as part of the GUI, hopefully in the next release, 1.43. Once that is done, this patch can be uninstalled via the Add\Remove Programs applet.

Please see the link below which contains our FAQ's on this feature for more information:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...t=0#entry107310

Hi.

The 'fix' you referred to was false\positives generated in XP and the way it handled the IP filtering. That was indeed corrected.

What you're experiencing now are other IPs deemed malicious.

Download the zip file linked below. Run the installer contained within

http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam_ip_policy_shortcuts.zip

Once installed you will be able to do all listed below by clicking the option desired via the Start>>All Programs>>Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware menu:

1- Enable-Disable IP Blocking

2- Enable- Silent IP Mode

3- Enable-Start IP Disabled

4- Undo or Disable IP Blocking

5- Undo or Disable Silent Mode

6- Undo or Disable - Start IP Disabled

If you want to have sites blocked silently choose option 2

It is recommended you reboot after making any changes.

This is a temporary fix until we incorporate these options into Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as part of the GUI, hopefully in the next release, 1.43. Once that is done, this patch can be uninstalled via the Add\Remove Programs applet.

Please see the link below which contains our FAQ's on this feature for more information:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...t=0#entry107310

Thanks for the information- However, I am when I try to run the installer it tells me I'm not allowed to run the installer on WindowsXP/Vista/or Windows 7...I have windows 7...is there another way to get the installer?

Thanks for the information- However, I am when I try to run the installer it tells me I'm not allowed to run the installer on WindowsXP/Vista/or Windows 7...I have windows 7...is there another way to get the installer?
Are you running 64bit? If so we do not have a patch for that version of Windows.

You'll have to await the next version when these options are part of the GUI.

Are you running 64bit? If so we do not have a patch for that version of Windows.

You'll have to await the next version when these options are part of the GUI.

Okay- Thanks.......any idea of when the next version is scheduled??????

Greetings kgm456 :D

You can actually control the behavior of the IP Protection component manually through the registry without using the shortcut installer. Just take a look at this post from the FAQ under the Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking section. Remember that since you're using 64 bit that the key you're looking for is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

You can actually control the behavior of the IP Protection component manually through the registry without using the shortcut installer. Just take a look at this post from the FAQ under the Registry Switches for Controlling IP-Blocking section. Remember that since you're using 64 bit that the key you're looking for is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Thanks Exile!

Thanks for the info! I looked up the section I think I need (G), but I am a little confused as to what/how I need to type in? I've never done anything in REGEDIT before. It looks like all options are typed in as DWORD 1 so I'm not sure how to not enable the other options....I only want the silent option, and also do I just type DWORD 1 and that's it?

Thanks-

Create the indicated registry value (labeled as key | value) with the indicated data and reboot to enforce the policies below. All of the values are of type DWORD

In order to create a registry value, open the Registry Editor (Click on Start -> Run -> and type in REGEDIT.EXE)

Browse to the key listed, and then right-click in the right-hand panel and choose New -> DWORD and create one of the listed keys and set the value as shown.

x86 32 Bit Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

x64 64 Bit Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware1.silentipmode

1.Description: With a DWORD value of 1, the protection module will block and log IPs silently.

2.startipdisabled

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will start disabled on reboot, although it can be enabled subsequently.

3.disableipblocking

Description: With a DWORD value of 1, IP blocking will be permanently disabled (cannot be toggled).

No worries, I'll make it easy for you :D . Please download the attached zip file and save it to your desktop, then simply extract the file and double-click it to run it. Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt and click Yes and OK when prompted.silentip.zipNOTE: This file is for 64 bit systems ONLY.

For your reference, to create the value yourself you need to right-click in the white space in the right pane after clicking once on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and select NEW>DWORD (32 bit) Value and name it silentipmode. Once that's done, double-click on the silentipmode entry you just created and replace the 0 with a 1 and then click OK and close Regedit.

No worries, I'll make it easy for you :) . Please download the attached zip file and save it to your desktop, then simply extract the file and double-click it to run it. Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt and click Yes and OK when prompted.silentip.zip

For your reference, to create the value yourself you need to right-click in the white space in the right pane after clicking once on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and select NEW>DWORD (32 bit) Value and name it silentipmode. Once that's done, double-click on the silentipmode entry you just created and replace the 0 with a 1 and then click OK and close Regedit.

Thank you so much!....it appears to have solved the problem :D