still have EE on your list?

Raider

Please take EE off your list. The product is good. Just because you don't like their advertisement policy is no reason for a false positive.

I am taking your program off instead, and will use SAS instead, at least I wont have to go down the list and waste time saying to ignore almost a hundred entries entries.

AND THIS IS NOT AN INFECTION.

Stick to the facts, real MALWARE! Not what you think is bad!

if you are referring to Evidence Eliminator that program has long been considered a very overhyped / rogue piece of software.

A Google session on that program will reveal much discontent with that program.

One reference for you is http://www.radsoft.net/rants/20060509,00.shtml

Read the follow-up links at the bottom of that article as well. Very educative and technically literate series of articles about that piece of rubbish.

Marketing with a heavy sense of fear-inducing threats of what might happen if one's dark and dirty secrets were ever revealed in order to bump the price up to a ridiculous level is not the way to build the reputation of any legitimate "forensic software-defeating program". This is a short step away from demanding money with menaces and that, by the way, is a criminal offence. A company which operates in the grey corridor of legality and with a peculiar sense of business ethics is not one I would want to buy anything from ever again.

I've used that software a long time ago; it did not do anything like all that its makers claimed it did. What it did do could easily be done manually by anybody with a modicum of knowledge and pretty basic technical ability. On the other hand removing the mess of numerous entries it left in my registry was a nightmare leading eventually to a total reinstallation.

I'd advise anybody contemplating buying that product to give it a very wide berth; you'd be wasting your money far better spent elsewhere.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22shdocpl....00&filter=0

These are the victims of the EE malware .

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocpl.dll/security.htm#subID=MPV;401

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://shdocpl.dll/asst.htm

This is the EE hijack that installed through exploits .

Would you be willing to install THEIR trojan ? . If you are not willing to install THEIR trojan , why are you willing to install THEIR software ?