Questions from an interested user

Malware is a general term for all crap that is out there

That is what I mean....all of it, not just some of it. Thank you for proving my point.

I really don't understand why everyone is getting so upset. I wonder why all forums act the same; a user says one negative things about a product and they get nailed for it relentlessly. And, certainly, there is no need for personal attacks.

Clearly, everyone here has a different definition of the term malware than I do. While it is unfortunate that I now might have to think of adding an AV to my setup, I still like MBAM. However, perhaps I should leave (and request a refund) is for nothing more than to make a statement about the behaviour of some of the people here.

Detection capabilities aside, there is no need for any of this. The bottom line should be protection of the user. Some of the comments presented here suggest that is not the case. If you are intent on being malicious that is your perogative. However, negtative forum posts, and especially the extremely negative PMs, directed towards me have been over the line.

Nathan if your getting offensive PM's please forward them to one or all of us on the moderation team so we can take proper action. We do not tolerate this sort of behavior here.

You would need an anti virus program regardless of what other anti malware programs you used.

Nathan if your getting offensive PM's please forward them to one of us on the moderation team so we can take proper action. We do not tolerate this sort of behavior here.

You would need an anti virus program regardless of what other anti malware programs you used.

Please check your PM

• Root Admin

Guys, drop it please :P.

Are we not in the same fight against malware? Each persons defintion of malware can vary. The original question was, does MBAM detect virii (viruses). The answer is yes, we have the ability to detect and remove many of the viruses out at the moment. We will certainly not have the same as anti-virus companies use though for the virus.

Thank you all very much for your candor. I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended in any way, and I know there were a few out they. I am sorry. I do get like that sometimes when I find a product I like. Anyone who frequents Wilders can atest to that.... :P I did not mean to ruffle as many feathers as I did. Again, I am sorry.

Nathan

Colloquially, Malware has come to mean a catch-all term for all sorts of malicious software (hence the concatenation of words to make Malware) but primarily, it is referring to anything that is, by definition, not Spyware, not Adware, not a virus, not a Trojan, not a rootkit....

need I go on?

Colloquially, Malware has come to mean a catch-all term for all sorts of malicious software (hence the concatenation of words to make Malware) but primarily, it is referring to anything that is, by definition, not Spyware, not Adware, not a virus, not a Trojan, not a rootkit....

need I go on?

Malware is the combination of the words Malicious and software. In light of that it can be any of the items you listed John. For the purpose of this discussion and why it is appropriate as a part of a great products name. Malware fits perfectly. MBAM does remove rootkits, trojans, virus, spyware, and adware.

See here and here for definitions of malware

Edited by JeanInMontana
add information

That is what I said....

I said primarily because those items I listed (and others that can be thought of / distinguished) already have their own names- it's as if in some parts of the industry Malware is the catch all, and in some parts it refers only to the unclassified Malware - e.g. if you get a Trojan, you are more apt to say Trojan than Malware, but if you have an unknown infection of some sort the term Malware is becoming more and more often used.