Malware.Trace but no other problem

whatmeworry?

This morning I ran my usual quick scan after updating to the most recent definitions. To my surprise, the quick scan found one item: Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.

I'm not having any problem with MBAM, nor with my computer, and the quick scan did not find any other problems. I tried googling to find more about what MBAM had found, but all the entries were from people who had massive infections, couldn't start MBAM, had a large number of trojans, etc. etc. Since none of this seems to apply to me, I thought I should ask first before telling MBAM to remove what it had found. (It wasn't so long ago that I fell victim to an MBAM false positive; acting on it crippled my computer and eventually I had to reinstall my operating system. So, since I almost NEVER have any malware, I thought this time I'd ask first.)

Thanks in advance for your help. I should add that I'm running MBAM Pro with the most recent definitions on WinXP Pro SP2.

Good to see that you're learning to be cautious about deleting anything and everything MBAM detects as "infected".

Must be a "new and improved thinking cap you're wearing! ;)

Now, if only the same thinking would percolate through my brain when I'm tempted to delete items I've taken a dislike to! ^_^

PS. I read your post yesterday. Decided not to reply as I had no useful / helpful information to offer.

Glad you're not facing a reinstallation this time round whatmeworry. Far too painful! ;)