Is MBAM compatable with Most AntiVirus software

• Root Admin

MBAM should remove this rogue (unless it is on your ignore list). I urge you search Google for WinAntiVirus and reconsider using their product. It does not actually "help" your computer once you purchase it.

I hope we are not thinking about the same product ...

• 8 months later...

If you think your computer might be infected with spyware software or you are just looking to purchase some spyware removal software then whatever you do make sure you dont use search-and-destroy because it is highly dangerous .

ADMIN EDIT :

Spam corrected

• 4 months later...
It is compatible with a lot, we are still compiling a list. If it is not compatible, we will issue a refund.

Is said list available now? Please point or send it to me. I am evaluating vendors of managed antivirus products for a client with about 15 computers. I would like to add MBAM with realtime defense enabled as a supplement on each computer, but I would like to assure my client that the combination will work before installing it.

FYI, the list of candidate AV solutions includes: Sophos, Kaspersky, and Trend Micro. We have ruled out Symantec and Webroot. Any suggestions/gotchas among the remaining three? Or other vendors we should consider?

Great product -- Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Guest remixed

MBAM is not compatible with Trend Micro I.S, or at least it wasn't with 2008Pro. Trend's malware detection precludes ANY third party security software (including Spywareblaster) because they claim it compromises detection. Trend I.S refuses to install until all additional security software is uninstalled. However, if you install MBAM after installing Trend there seems to be no conflict or objection. For what it's worth i wouldn't give Trend process space (and there's an awful lot of it) and instead consider Avira Premium Security Suite or Eset Security Suite (latest edition). I rate both highly although my personal choice is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. All 3 work seamlessly with MBAM.

For what it's worth i wouldn't give Trend process space (and there's an awful lot of it) and instead consider Avira Premium Security Suite or Eset Security Suite (latest edition). I rate both highly although my personal choice is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. All 3 work seamlessly with MBAM.

I do not like Suites as they tend to be too interdependent on each component being active.

For an anti virus application I recommend avast! Professional that has a good support forum or Avira AntiVir Premium and if you must use a software firewall then Outpost Firewall Pro rates well.

A hardware firewall is better than a software firewall with keeping the operating system up to date as well as MBAM.

Have a look at the video with Bruce Harrison who is a developer at Malwarebytes - the company who created Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

http://www.revver.com/video/1118865/malwar...loper-interview <== software firewall discussion starts about 8 minutes into the excellent video.

MBAM works fine with Avast Pro and Home, WinPatrol Plus and free, a-squared Anti-Malware, SUPERAntiSpyware Pro and free, SpywareBlaster, ZoneAlarm Pro and free and HpGuru's Hosts file.