product license?

jc5810

• Root Admin

You need different keys to keep the program being used legally. Myself I'd not use the backup cd but some people feel they want or need it. You can download a copy of the program from many sites and license it at any time in case you rebuild your computer.

Do keep an email and printed copy of your ID/KEY though for future reference as needed.

Thank you.

Why wouldn't it tell me that my key was invalid if i already had it used on another machine? Thanks for your help.

jc5810, there are not many programs in widespread use that have the level of piracy prevention you are talking about. In order to key a program to only work on a specific computer it would, for example, have to contain code to generate a unique 'Hardware ID' which would then be subjected to an algorithm to generate a custom serial key for you. That is one method, but there are also others. I know of one 'fish finding' program which will only work on the computer that they supply you with when you buy the program! It is a very expensive program. lol.

But programs like that are the exception, not the rule. Putting in code to achieve that level of piracy prevention is just 'over the top' for inexpensive programs in widespread use, like MBAM for instance. Putting high level piracy prevention into MBAM would cause it to be bigger, more complicated and contain a lot more things that could go wrong. Also, any generated 'Hardware IDs' would require an online/e-mail validation/activation process. Basically, it's just not worth the trouble. MBAM is an excellent little program that relies, at least to some extent, on the trust of the end user not to abuse it. And luckily most people, like yourself, are honest and do not abuse MBAM's End User License Agreement.

If you want to change the key on one of your computers, this is how to do it:

Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

Restart your computer (very important).

Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

Then reinstall MBAM and Register it with your other ID/KEY.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

~Mark.

• 4 months later...
You need different keys to keep the program being used legally. Myself I'd not use the backup cd but some people feel they want or need it. You can download a copy of the program from many sites and license it at any time in case you rebuild your computer.

Do keep an email and printed copy of your ID/KEY though for future reference as needed.

Thank you.

Do I download the "Free" version and put in key, or is there a separate download for licensed users?

Hello derryton and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase :)

Yes, you just download the free version (actually the download for the free and paid version are exactly the same, there is no difference) and then enter your ID & key and you'll be all set

:)

Any other questions feel free to post!

Hello derryton and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase :)

Yes, you just download the free version (actually the download for the free and paid version are exactly the same, there is no difference) and then enter your ID & key and you'll be all set

:)

Any other questions feel free to post!

THANKS!

Hi -

Please Cut and Paste them from the email you got from Cleverbrige - once both are in place click on Register -

If you type them in there can be a minor mistake - Please run this to clear your old copy and reset a new one -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the screen when you reply -

Thank You - :)

It should ask you for an ID and Key.

The key will be 16 characters long and the ID I think is about 5 characters long.

Like noknojon said, just copy and paste each over into the appropriate boxes.