Option NOT to Show Logfile on Clean Scans

I run a Quick Scan of MBAM Pro almost every day, and sometimes I also scan individual files. I find it rather annoying that after every scan, MBAM insists on opening my text editor to show me the logfile, even though MBAM has already told me that no malware has been found. The logfile tells me NOTHING additional that I need or want to know. :( Obviously, if MBAM has found malware, seeing the logfile can be helpful, but 99% of the time, my scans are clean and I do NOT need to be told in more detail that nothing has been found. Not only is it needless, it also wastes my time, since there's a time lag while MBAM opens my text editor. I'd LOVE to have an option that permits me to say I don't want to see the logfile if the scan is clean. If that's too hard to do, then I'd settle for an option not to see the logfile at all, and on those infrequent occasions where I need to see it, I can open it manually.

whatmeworry : you may get the desired behavior with the command line parameters :

/quickscanterminate /minimized

Thanks very much, JRF, for this information. I very rarely use the command line, so I'd like to be sure of what I should do. If Malwarebytes is running and I want to run a Quick Scan and have it end without showing the results in my text editor, is the command I should type the following: mbam.exe /quickscanterminate /minimized ?? Will that nonetheless permit MBAM to pop up its usual box telling me it has found no malware, or will the Quick Scan terminate without telling me anything? Also, you've put two spaces before /minimized (though of course that's not obvious in the web version)--do I need two spaces, or is one sufficient? If I need two, do I also need two after mbam.exe? (I thought one was always sufficient.)

Thanks again for your help.

... If Malwarebytes is running and I want to run a Quick Scan and have it end without showing the results in my text editor, is the command I should type the following: mbam.exe /quickscanterminate /minimized ??
Thanks for replying . I suggest you just add these parameters after the mbam.exe in the entry you prefer to execute the program : you may have a shortcut in the Desktop Area , or you may create a Scheduled Task , or you may use some particular launcher .

I tell you the way I use it , and you may adapt for your needs :

1- I have two shortcuts in the Desktop Area (one for Update , other for QuickScan) , to manually run immediately .

For these shortcuts I have assigned Shortcut-keys : e.g. Ctlr+Shift+U for the Update , and Ctlr+Shift+Q for the QuickScan , to make easier to start them , even if I am working in other application window .

2- I have defined also two Scheduled-Tasks :

-- one to to run the Update daily at 09:20h and 17:20h ,

-- and the other to run the QuickScan daily at 09:30h and 17:30h .

Will that nonetheless permit MBAM to pop up its usual box telling me it has found no malware, or will the Quick Scan terminate without telling me anything?
The minimized QuickScan should alert you if something is found (according to the MBAM - Help - Command Line) .

However , the minimized Update will not inform you if it failed .

Also, you've put two spaces before /minimized (though of course that's not obvious in the web version)--do I need two spaces, or is one sufficient? If I need two, do I also need two after mbam.exe? (I thought one was always sufficient.)
Just one space is sufficient (and not quarreling , I verified and could not find two spaces in my previous post -- :D ) .

Please reply for any doubt , or to report the way you would implement this .

Thanks VERY much, JRF, for your very helpful response to my questions. I think what I will do is create a desktop shortcut for mbam.exe /quickscanterminate /minimized. Since I don't have a set time for running the Quick Scan, I don't think I'll arrange for a scheduled task--I'll just run the shortcut when it's convenient for me. I don't think I'll create a shortcut for the Update, since I'm happy with it as it is. Indeed, the only reason I'll create the shortcut for the Quick Scan is to avoid having to see the logfile at the end. I'm most grateful to you for this very helpful suggestion.

By the way, I don't want to belabor the point about two spaces or one, but after reading your message I looked again at what I saw in the Reply window (where I type the reply). In that window, there were two spaces between quickscanterminate and /minimized, and two spaces as well between runupdate and /minimized. When what it typed appears on the web, of course, only one space appears, since no matter how many spaces one leaves in HTML, it appears as one space on the Web.

Again, many thanks for your help.