deebeee

Anyone Know PCPitstop???

noknojon,

I'm so sorry to be so cranky. Just not feeling great and patience is short with the world. Thanks for trying to help.

Hey deebeee -

Do not worry about anything - I get the same at times and ignore exile and AdvancedSetup , then just do my own thing -

I have just installed I.E. 8 (again) today but I am sorry that I did not realise you only had 256 mb installed in your comp (my fault for not asking and reading it all) - The memory sticks (RAM) are not dear at all and will double your capacity and speed - YoKenny1 has all the right ideas that I missed -

It was 1.00 AM local here and I was a bit ....... Sorry - :) If you are in US or Canada check out newegg.com (cheap/good bits) - Or the Dell site -

Best Regards and hope you can update/fix it - :P

Hey deebeee -

Do not worry about anything - I get the same at times and ignore exile and AdvancedSetup , then just do my own thing -

I have just installed I.E. 8 (again) today but I am sorry that I did not realise you only had 256 mb installed in your comp (my fault for not asking and reading it all) - The memory sticks (RAM) are not dear at all and will double your capacity and speed - YoKenny1 has all the right ideas that I missed -

It was 1.00 AM local here and I was a bit ....... Sorry - :) If you are in US or Canada check out newegg.com (cheap/good bits) - Or the Dell site -

Best Regards and hope you can update/fix it - :)

Thanks for being so understanding. I have had great benefit from listening to both Exile and Ad.Setup, just lately kind of tired and want a simple "press one button and all will be fixed" solution.

So, do you think I should wait til I have more RAM to install IE8 (I really do not like IE but know it's necessary - prefer AOL).

Is it hard to install RAM???? I have to check out Kenny's site re figuring out HOW MUCH RAM my computer can or should handle. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and it definitely affects your concentration, so I get easily flustered with info.

It was just frustrating that with both your help and Exile's I couldn't access that stupid "Browsing History."

Anyhow, have a good day (are you in Australia?). :)

Hi deebeee -

Yes - As per my statement under my name - It gets a bit hard talking to USA which is about 10 hours 'behind' my local time - :) Just after 6.00PM now -

Dawn (6 AM here = about 10 PM there) late night - Or something like that, depending on Pacific etc etc (now we just went to Daylight savings) -

I tend to lose track of it at times - :) If you can update to at least I.E. 7 , then you will notice all the garbage we were talking about -

Regards :)

PS. - Extra RAM is usually just a larger 'hair comb' most times -

Also I would go Firefox rather than AOL - Not that I am into AOL at all -

Hi jon,

Duh, didn't notice people's locations under their names. :) WOW 16 hour time difference! It must be 6PM or so in Aussie land now, I guess. Are you ahead of us (i.e., 12/23 PM). Yes, makes it very hard to communicate.

When you said "If you can update to at least I.E. 7 , then you will notice all the garbage we were talking about"

Not sure what you mean -- garbage from installing IE7??

Have g'nite mate.

Go to My Controls then > Edit Profile Information then Your Location to enter your location.

If you are concerned about adding RAM then a local PC store can install and test the RAM for you for a small charge plus provide a warranty for the service.

By the way I do not use AOL.

Go to My Controls then > Edit Profile Information then Your Location to enter your location.

If you are concerned about adding RAM then a local PC store can install and test the RAM for you for a small charge plus provide a warranty for the service.

By the way I do not use AOL.

I think we have very different operating systems. I have Microsoft XP Home Edition. There is no listing called My Controls, what I have is Control Panel. There is no Profile Information to access.

I'm sure I could add RAM but I want to find out what amount of RAM is right for this computer, so I need to use the sites you gave me.

By the way, I like AOL, just call me a show biz junkie. :)W

Do you mean you do not see My Controls at the top of the screen like so?

Oh, when you said "controls" I went to the computer area. OK, saw it, put in my location which is NYC.

Hi deebeee - :)

I have just downgraded from I.E. 8 back to I.E. 7 - I use a friends site http://www.nicklockard.com - This guy is a Hon Mem here and a MBAM reseller - I have known him for about a year and a half now -

At the lower left side of his home page is a green or blue panel - Click on About Company - Then you will see Downloads (click on that) -

Then on the right side of the page you will then see all his free downloads - Click on Internet explorer 7 (I.E. 7 ) and download from there -

It is all free and a very clean site - My computer has problems with I.E. 8 so I got rid of it - 8 is supposed to be better but not on mine?? -

Exile most likely uses another site but they all lead to the same place - You will also see on the same site I listed, Service Pack 2 and 3 for XP and you should get at least SP 2 - Then you will see all those things we were talking about with Delete History -

Leave it up to You to make any decisions - :P

Oh, when you said "controls" I went to the computer area. OK, saw it, put in my location which is NYC.

Now you can go to > Edit Signature and add information about your system like my signature as it helps the fixers know what to recommend.

noknojon

My computer has problems with I.E. 8 so I got rid of it - 8 is supposed to be better but not on mine?? -

What problems?

I have it on my old XP Home system that is only P4 2.4GHZ and 512MB RAM and it works great for my friend who I sold it to.

Now you can go to > Edit Signature and add information about your system like my signature as it helps the fixers know what to recommend.

I added info, but not sure if it was too much unnecessary stuff.

noknojon

What problems?

I have it on my old XP Home system that is only P4 2.4GHZ and 512MB RAM and it works great for my friend who I sold it to.

It probably wasn't IE, but that my computer needed to be restored (which it was a few weeks ago).

Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem -- --

Are you on dial-up?

I don't like Adobe stuff as it is a target for infections.

I do use Adobe Flash Player for flash videos and I make sure it is up to date.

I use Foxit Reader for pdf files that replaces the bloated Adobe Reader.

Hackers exploit Adobe Reader flaw via comic strip syndicate

Hackers broke into an online comic strip syndication service Thursday, embedding malicious code that sought to exploit a newly discovered security flaw in Adobe Reader and Acrobat, Security Fix has learned.

On Monday, Adobe Systems Inc. said it was investigating reports that criminals were attacking Internet users via a previously unknown security flaw in its Adobe Reader and Acrobat software. Experts warned that the flaw could be used to foist software on unsuspecting users who visit a hacked or booby-trapped Web site.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/12/hackers_exploit_adobe_reader_f.html

noknojon

What problems?

Sorry YoKenny1 but it is very hard to describe - More unstable is the only way I can call it - I.E. 7 is as 'steady as a rock' but 8 is .......... sometimes a bit unsteady - At this time I only have ~750MB ~ (1 'double' stick = 500 and 1 single stick = 250) will add another 'double' sided stick to replace the 250 - I had a try of 8 a while ago and forgot why I went back to 7 - Updated to 8 again and found (for me only) that 7 was better - Might be something else ?? But 75% free space on my system at this time and only 1 red line left in defrag and scanned very regular -

PS . Was that hack the one where they switched comic strips between papers ??

Regards - :)

Are you on dial-up?

I don't like Adobe stuff as it is a target for infections.

I do use Adobe Flash Player for flash videos and I make sure it is up to date.

I use Foxit Reader for pdf files that replaces the bloated Adobe Reader.

No, not dial up -- thank god :P I have Road Runner BB through my cable co.

Thanks for the input re Adobe -- will see if there is a free download of Foxit, check Adobe Flash Player re being up to date.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/12/hackers_exploit_adobe_reader_f.html

WOW! :P

No, not dial up -- thank god :) I have Road Runner BB through my cable co.

Thanks for the input re Adobe -- will see if there is a free download of Foxit, check Adobe Flash Player re being up to date.

Why use AOL?

It is commonly known as AOhelL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aohell

Why use AOL?

It is commonly known as AOhelL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aohell

Let's see I use AOL because I really enjoy athe daily news reports which are hilarious, like the email format and haven't had trouble with it. I do pay for the Road Runner Aspect on cable, but my AOL is free.

K? :)