are these files false positives

wizard1970

Just bought another new acer laptop and ran malwarebytes scan with these results.

Ive added them to the ignore list as i think they are false.Have i done the right thing?

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 89121

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 7

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 1

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kt_bho.KettleBho (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{86676e13-d6d8-4652-9fcf-f2047f1fb000} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{83ff80f4-8c74-4b80-b5ba-c8ddd434e5c4} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{83ff80f4-8c74-4b80-b5ba-c8ddd434e5c4} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{83ff80f4-8c74-4b80-b5ba-c8ddd434e5c4} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{83ff80f4-8c74-4b80-b5ba-c8ddd434e5c4} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9517fb66-3dcf-44eb-8ce5-1a0f8a058d12} (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\ProgramData\Partner\Partner.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> No action taken.

Here is the info on this BHO , you can read and decide if you want to keep it :

http://www.systemlookup.com/CLSID/55616-partner_dll.html

This one can be nasty. BHO is a Browser Hijack. It can embed itself in the hidden recovery partition of new pc's. I had a friend infected with this. Malwarebytes log kept reporting it and no action taken. Using the recovery from the hard drive simply but it right back in. If you had created a recovery backup disk immediately after you bought the pc you can probably recover the drive to out of state box. If you do this and you still show up with the trojan, you may have get the manufacturer to send you a recovery disk. Yes, this means you will have to back up all your data and reinstall all your software. It was the only way I got rid of it for my friend.

Marburg

This one can be nasty. BHO is a Browser Hijack. It can embed itself in the hidden recovery partition of new pc's. I had a friend infected with this. Malwarebytes log kept reporting it and no action taken. Using the recovery from the hard drive simply but it right back in. If you had created a recovery backup disk immediately after you bought the pc you can probably recover the drive to out of state box. If you do this and you still show up with the trojan, you may have get the manufacturer to send you a recovery disk. Yes, this means you will have to back up all your data and reinstall all your software. It was the only way I got rid of it for my friend.

Marburg

A BHO is a Browser Helper Object not a Browser Hijack. You should become more familiar with computers in general before advising people who need help. Whether this BHO is malicious is still up for debate and it comes installed with Acer laptops(I dont think Acers come with preinstalled Trojans). More then likely its up for debate because its a malware/trojan injection point or an easily exploitable app. The BHO itself is harmless, its what happens after the BHO is exploited thats malicious.

nullbyt3