Turning Off Automatic Updates

West

Hey Malwarebytes,

I like to turn off automatic updates and the security center off all the time because it bothers me when it comes up telling me stuff I already know. Anyhow, malwarebytes always detects this as a DisableSecurity....so on. I would rather not it detect that as a problem, but I guess it's for the sake of most average user if they do get infected and there security center is turn off. It not a big deal to me, but just to let you guys know or if I'm not the only one.

Thanks,

West

Hey Malwarebytes,

I like to turn off automatic updates and the security center off all the time because it bothers me when it comes up telling me stuff I already know. Anyhow, malwarebytes always detects this as a DisableSecurity....so on. I would rather not it detect that as a problem, but I guess it's for the sake of most average user if they do get infected and there security center is turn off. It not a big deal to me, but just to let you guys know or if I'm not the only one.

Thanks,

West

Hello West

I'm running Vista 32-bit Business ed. and have automatic updates turned off with the Security Center switched off and disabled in Services; MBAM doesn't flag this up at all for me on scanning. I found that you have to turn off the setting in the Security Center that says " Change the way Security Center alerts me" - it's the last clickable link on the left of that Security Center window before disabling it in Services and then MBAM no longer flags it up.

EDIT: exile360 got to you before I did! {:)} The above is my own experience which you might find helpful.

Hey Malwarebytes,

Thanks,

West

Hello West,

I'm running Vista 32-bit Business ed. and have automatic updates turned off with the Security Center switched off and disabled in Services; MBAM doesn't flag this up at all for me on scanning. I found that you have to turn off the setting in the Security Center that says " Change the way Security Center alerts me" - it's the last clickable link on the left of that Security Center window before disabling it in Services and then MBAM no longer flags it up.

EDIT: exile360 got to you before I did! {:)} The above is my own experience which you might find helpful.

RE-EDIT: I stand corrected, exile; I didn't know that.

@ an Admin or Mod: I've managed yet again(!) to double post by accident. My apologies for this. Very clumsy of me, I know. This is the post I want to keep please. Thank you.