Quick questions about new version (1.42)

Hello. I typically use MalwareBytes AntiMalware as an on-demand scanner once (or more) per week alongside ESET NOD32 antivirus. I noticed that MBAM has been recently upgraded to v1.42, and I have some questions briefly:

1.) Will the 'Update' feature of MBAM preform the version update? Or will I need to download the new version, uninstall the old one, and install the new one manually?

2.) I've heard this new update requires a reboot. Is this true if I'm only using MBAM as an on-demand scanner? Updates to programs which require reboots typically result in my system becoming non-functioning. I don't see any reason MBAM should need to reboot my system if I'm not running the resident scanner.

3.) I've heard that there are a number of false-positives introduce with this update. Are these rumors substantiated, and how can I discern a false positive from a real one?

Thank you.

Greetings and welcome :)

1.) Will the 'Update' feature of MBAM preform the version update? Or will I need to download the new version, uninstall the old one, and install the new one manually?
Yes, updating MBAM will automatically download the new version for installation.
2.) I've heard this new update requires a reboot. Is this true if I'm only using MBAM as an on-demand scanner? I don't see any reason MBAM should need to reboot my system if I'm not running the resident scanner.
It may require a reboot to finish registering its dll's and other files, regardless of whether the program is running or not.
Updates to programs which require reboots typically result in my system becoming non-functioning.
Really? I guess you don't install updates for Windows very often then. In my experience problems with software requiring reboots generally come down to issues with program or driver conflicts, not the actual fact that it required a reboot, as all it's doing is replacing files that were in use.
3.) I've heard that there are a number of false-positives introduce with this update. Are these rumors substantiated, and how can I discern a false positive from a real one?
Where did you hear that? All I've been hearing (and seeing) is a great reduction in the number of false positives, besides that, FP's are typically corrected within a matter of hours, if not minutes, much faster than any other security company I've ever seen.