Suggestions

Hi. I'm impressed, very impressed with the spyware/adware removal. Over the past few days I've tried half a dozen of 'the best', and none of them could remove the malware which was causing IE to try to open and connect to the net. One of these scanners took six hours - and although it identified many files, it failed to delet them, because when I ran it again after re-booting, they were all still there!

In a little over ten minutes, Malwarebytes had removed all, and a repeat scan found nothing!! Congratulations.

My suggestions: Firstly, a progress bar would be very helpful. When the program is runnin, I have no idea how much longer it will be.

Secondly, can you include an option to delete malware as it is found? I see malware like viruses - there's no point selecting which ones to delete - delete them all!!! I would certainly tick such an option, and I'd feel much more secure.

Great program, thanks.

Russell

First off Russell Cunning, Welcome to the forum....

I am not on the staff, but I just wanted to thank you for those kind words. The folks here at MBAM are great, and their software is by far the best I have found out there as well. These folks wont steer you wrong, and are willing to help you get rid of you spy-ware and viruses even if you don't elect to buy their software, all for free.

About the progress bar, it has been discussed here in a few post already. You can look around and find it by doing a search. Anyway it boils down to it being hard to accurately being able to determine how long it will take due to the difference in computers and the number of files it has to scan.

Deleting everything (all malware found) immediately could be dangers due to false positives from time to time.

about displaying the selections, it is a good option to see what to delete and what not to delete. In my opinion here are some reasons:

-There might be something you want to keep, such as hacking_tool.exe

-There might be a false positive, such as game.exe

-It informs you what you have and you can research them, such as if it finds a keylogger, you should change your passwords, a hacker might have them!

-It can show if something has come back, and the location it appears.

I hope this shows why it is a good thing to show what the scan has found. :)

pi`

(Sorry double post)

Deleting everything (all malware found) immediately could be dangers due to false positives from time to time

Malwarebytes has the option to recover files that have been "removed", or quarantined.

This is good in case it is a false positive and really a good file.

pi`

• Root Admin

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. The issue about removing instantly is that many infections would possibly re spawn while you're still scanning looking for more items. Cleaning all at the same time at then end of the scan and rebooting immediately if needed it typically the best choice on purpose.

• 1 month later...
I wish MBAM could have more features like Super antispyware. :) tht would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooo! :)

SAS and others like IObit360 try to do everything for everyone and end up doing nothing well.

Malwarebytes... K.I.S.S!

Just continue your core excellence in detection/removal and don't booger up your app with secondary utilities. But if you do choose to do that, maintain a "light" version for Luddites like me. :)

I've just been on board a couple of days and I think I can echo the needs of my fellow users for a some UI enhancements:

1) progress bar for scans

2) additional granularity in update intervals

3) more date in the task icon hover box

And one of my own that I haven't yet seen here: separate the product and database functions; a separate button for each.

Thank you!