Error 732 (0,0)

Hi woodworm1972, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please take a look at the FAQ and see if that helps.

In particular, see Section A, Issue 8 and Section D: Automatically Detect Settings in Internet Explorer. MBAM uses Internet Explorer settings to perform it's downloads, even if you normally use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also make sure you have no proxy enabled.

You can also use Section A, Issue 4 as a work around.

Hi woodworm1972, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please take a look at the FAQ and see if that helps.

In particular, see Section A, Issue 8 and Section D: Automatically Detect Settings in Internet Explorer. MBAM uses Internet Explorer settings to perform it's downloads, even if you normally use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also make sure you have no proxy enabled.

You can also use Section A, Issue 4 as a work around.

Hi there Jacktivity

Ive not had any luck with these suggestions It still wont update and still displays the same error?? Please note Yesterday it would update perfectly but to day it wont?

Hmm, I can see number 8 not working and possibly Section D, but surely issue 4 is doable - even if it requires another computer. The only thing I can think of that would stop # 4 is possibly an infection.

I agree though that something is wrong, particularly if it worked fine yesterday.

Are you able to get to various sites without re-directs using Internet Explorer - say like Google and Symantec, or some other security vendors?

Will MBAM start normally and run a quick scan to completion with the existing definitions?

Is a Firewall or Anti-virus program blocking the download? What programs do you use for these? Many of these programs need to be set to trust MBAM. That too, is covered in the FAQ I linked to previously.

Have you installed any software since the last MBAM update or done any other updates to existing software installations?

This is a home computer? Updates also require that you be an administrator on the box.

Please post back and let me know.

If you think it's due to an infection, you'll need to move into the Malware Removal HijackThis forum.

See below -

We don't work on malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the helpdesk at support@malwarebytes.org.

Before using the IE Reset Fix-It Tool, please read Knowledge Base Article ID: 923737 at Microsoft.

This tool applies to

• Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
  • Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
  • Windows Internet Explorer 8

It is not intended for Windows 7.

Also, this will disable any add-ons in Internet Explorer, however it will not remove them.

How the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature works

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature resets the following settings.

User-defined browser settings

These settings include all the customizations that you can make to Internet Explorer by using the Internet Options dialog box. For example, the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature resets security settings, privacy settings, and zone settings for all users on the computer. Any settings that are set by add-ins or toolbars that you downloaded are also reset. If any settings were created by the OEM before you received the computer, the Restore Internet Explorer Settings feature restores Internet Explorer customizations that were applied by the OEM in the initial package.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature does not clear the favorites or clear the feeds. The connection settings are also not cleared, because the settings can be used in other programs.

Extensibility

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature disables all toolbars, browser extensions, and customizations that you install. To use any of these disabled customizations, you must selectively enable each customization through the Manage Add-ons dialog box.

Note: Some toolbars may require that two or more controls are enabled to work correctly. These toolbars have controls for the corresponding Browser Helper Object and toolbar extensions. You can easily use the Manage Add-ons dialog box to enable any disabled controls that are from a trusted publisher.For Web pages that have ActiveX controls, you must approve running each ActiveX control the first time that you encounter it. After you approve running the control one time, Internet Explorer runs the control automatically any time that you encounter it.

Browsing history

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature deletes temporary Internet files and cookies. It also clears the browsing history, saved form data, saved passwords, and auto-complete data.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

I had the same problem: error 732 (0,0)

The solution that worked for me:

- I ran HijackThis and removed the following:

- R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555 <-- I believe this to be the culprit

- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [stdtankg] C:\Documents and Settings\edemic\Local Settings\Application Data\nyvjeb\pmevsysguard.exe

- Although possibly unrelated I removed the following:

- O4 - Startup: Update Notifier.lnk = F:\updatenotifier.exe

- O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

- O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

- O20 - Winlogon Notify: dimsntfy - %SystemRoot%\System32\dimsntfy.dll (file missing)

- O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

- O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

I hope this helps

• Root Admin

If the FAQ was not able to assist you then there has to be something else going on and this forum is not designed to work on Malware detection and removal, that is what the one listed below is for. Thank you.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org