NetSupport DNA Detected as malware on Malwarebytes

Vinx

Hi
I am creating this post from NetSupport Ltd we develop the NetSupport DNA product. NetSupport DNA is an IT Management and Safeguarding solution designed for both education and corporate environment. In education this is used to provide safeguarding monitoring of the devices in the School and provide IT Management. In the corporate setting this is to provide IT Asset Management including tracking and monitoring of devices.

We have recently found that our NetSupport DNA product is being flagged with the below detection from your Anti-Virus product :

Detection Name: Malware.AI.1481078310
File Name: dnarc.exe

MD5: 6b225d500683bb4d4750ecb6aa7d6bde

The above detection is preventing our NetSupport DNA customers from using the built-in remote-control component included in NetSupport DNA prevent them from providing remote support to the devices on their network.

From this we would like to request for this detection to be removed for NetSupport DNA to prevent any disruption to our customers using NetSupport DNA and your AV solution.

Please note the NetSupport DNA solution includes several different security options to ensure that our customers using the product have secure access to their Student devices, this includes the following items:

• Connections only permitted from DNA Consoles logged onto the same DNA Server.
  • User Acknowledgment – when configured remote agent will be prompted to accept or reject connection attempts.
  • Console Password – only operators with access to DNA will be permitted to logon to use the Remote-control tool.
  • Show indicators when connected to – when configured these will ensure that the end user is always aware via a visual message when a Console operator is connected.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to arrange call or answer any questions concerning NetSupport DNA and how this works.

Just now, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

This has been fixed already and should be reflected in next database update.

Hello,
Thank you for the clarification, as I have created a post on NetSupport School and now DNA but was unsure if the DNA product had been re-classified, thanks for the assistance!