Roblox Account Manager

weewoo

So I recently saw a post on the Microsoft forum which I'll just post here because I'm having the same questions on whether the application is a false positive or not.

/Hey all! So, I've been using a third-party software from GitHub called Roblox account manager for 2-3 weeks and just 2 weeks ago there were many rumours and news of its newest updated version 3.7.2 from GitHub being flagged as having trojans. I tried it myself and windows defender scanned it as a virus and deleted it automatically.

So, I researched more into it especially on YouTube and many from the community are two-sided. Saying that the trojans are false positives and some thinking that it's malicious and spreading misinformation. Some heard reports or said their accounts were hacked, but there was no follow-up proof of it. I am kind of stuck between the crossroads of the two opinions. Whether I should stay away from it or redownload it?

Here's what the creator of the third-party software said on the official Roblox account manager GitHub: 

Q: Why is this program detected as a virus?

A: Open source programs such as this program are commonly detected as viruses because actual malware may be using the same libaries as this one. For example, account manager may be detected as a RAT because of the Account Control feature, this feature uses websockets to connect to clients which is the same way actual malware may use to connect maliciously to someone elses computer. If you'd like, you can download visual studio yourself (it's free) and compile this program on your own, you may even get the same virus detections as the public release.

GitHub link: GitHub - ic3w0lf22/Roblox-Account-Manager: Application that allows you to add multiple accounts into one application allowing you to easily play on alt accounts without having to change accounts

The creator (IceWolf) also said this on the official discord of Roblox Account Manager: I've added and inserted an uploaded image.

But I am not sure if the creator is trustworthy or not. If what he said was true or not. 

So, I decided to redownload the older versions not flagged with the viruses (versions before 3.7.2). I used the 3.6.1 version without the trojan and scanned my computer with windows defender and Malwarebytes a couple of times and it detected nothing after I downloaded it, but I uploaded the ROBLOX account manager file (Ver 3.6.1/the older one) on virus total and it 5-10 security vendors flagged it as suspicious? Virus Total link: VirusTotal - File - cdb0a360cca7a5099c2d2357be1a833e032ffdeb3f467a6fac845f6bb77031c9

Virus Total link (Ver 3.6.1.): VirusTotal - File - 1b94210a7a05ce8379db7b8c11d41f84bc868cbdcd0685733754728678bb5fa2 

So, I'm concerned about all of the versions having a virus detected in them or are they just false positives? Whether I should stay away from it or redownload it? Someone who knows this type of stuff or has expertise in this kind of field can you please let me know or respond? 

Thanks!/link to original post incase the virus Total links don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-account-manager-virus-or-false-positive/6aff44fc-39db-4500-a5af-bf25decbcb02

well its interesting now its not getting flagged by windows defender or malware bytes but it was getting flagged when i tried to download with chrome security on does that mean it was just a false positive?