Need help with infected Firefox

Hello about 1 month ago I was on Image Shack and I got a pop up and I immediately tried to close it and of course I ended up with a Trojan that Malwarebytes got rid of. I had at the time ONLY Avast on my pc so I donwloaded Malwarebytes that time and I ran the scan then it got rid of the problem. Now about 3 days ago I was on a social networking travel website that I've been going to since 2005 so I know that it's safe. Anyways I went to a person's profile and they had a music player on it and I thought the music sounded great so I stayed on that page then opened up another one for that same webiste while I browsed the forums there and everything was fine. I go back the next day and go to the same profile and did the same thing opened up another page and left his on so I could listen to his music as a bg then BAM a pop up comes up and it's from some place called fastscan(dot)com or something like that and I couldn't get out of it and I knew better than to try to X out of as I knew that it would load it up instead of getting out of it so I tried F4 and that didn't work either. I ended up closing firefox hoping that the pop-up would go away but it didn't. I know that the pop-up was in the song in the music box because when I would try to get rid of the pop-up box it would show me the music panel. So I thought that I got a virus because it was one of those pop-us that says that YOUR PC IS AT RISK FOR A VIRUS AND NEEDS TO BE SCANNED , blah, blah, blad. So I right clicked on it and hit close and it started to download something and before it could finish I managed to get it closed. So I though crap I've got a virus so I ran my Malwarebytes and my Avast and they both came up clean, no infections. I thought alright I'm ok so I go to open up my firefox again and the pop-op returns on the Yahoo homepage of firefox. I decided ok I'll just delete firefox and REINSTALL it. I did that then I open up fire fox again and it was working fine for a day and I even went back to that website that had originally gave me the pop-up (I had to so that I could alert the support team there about the guys profile). Ok so after going there for a day I go to facebook and on my facebook profile I added a video, that I got from a trusted friend from the website that gave me the pop-up, to my facebook becase this website and facebook are linked and the video automatically was added to my profile. So that day I tried to click on that video link to go there and BAM ANOTHER DIFFERENT pop-up shows up but it says something different but it's still about viruses. So I thought ok I'll delete firefox AGAIN and reinstall it one more time. I did that then when I go to open it up the ORIGINAL pop-up comes on to the homepage. So decided forget this and I deleted it AGAIN and downlodaed Opera. In the mean time I've cleaned my hard drives and cleaned all the stuff that I needed to. I have a 6 mons old Sony Vaio laptop that runs on Windows Vista and it has a program on it called Vaio care that cleans your registry and does other imporant things. I hate Opera because I have adverts allover the pages that I visit and with firefox I could use adblock plus. Ok what I'm trying to find out is DO I HAVE A VIRUS ,TROJAN , ROOTKIT OR WHAT??? My pc seems to be running as normal but I don't want to wait to find out later that I'm infected. Also I ran the first scan of malwarebytes when I got the first pop-up a few days ago in NORMAL mode and then I scanned it again after the second pop-up in SAFE-MODE. So please help me to find out why I can't used firefox anymore. I hate IE with a passion and Opera is just to complicated. I do not know anythng about technical stuff so yeah I'm pretty pc challenged but any help or advice that you can give me will be helpful. I also noticed that you are asking people to run a hijack this log but what I want to know is if I download that program on to my pc will it change any settings? Do I have to know something about pc's to download it. I also have SpywareBalaster on my pc too that I added the same day that I got that last pop-up. Thank you in advance for any help. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes.

I Apologize for the late response.

If you still require assistance, we would like to see the latest state of your system. So, please take a read in this thread on instructions on running the tools and posting the logs for instructions: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

In your reply, I would also like to know any symptoms you may still have and how your computer is running at the moment.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes.

I Apologize for the late response.

If you still require assistance, we would like to see the latest state of your system. So, please take a read in this thread on instructions on running the tools and posting the logs for instructions: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

In your reply, I would also like to know any symptoms you may still have and how your computer is running at the moment.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

Below are some prevention tips and we'll close this topic off shortly.

Preventing Infections in the Future

Please also have a look at the following links, giving some advice and Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:

[*]Avoid gaming sites, underground web pages, pirated software sites, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs. They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a sm

Hello.

Since the problem appears to be resolved, this topic is now Closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.

This applies only to the original topic starter

Everyone else please start a new topic.

With Regards,

Extremeboy