Outbound Connections on Computer (riskware/compromised)

Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hello

Hopefully I'm posting this right as I don't often use forums, but just in the last day I'm receiving outbound connection warnings. The chrome one only shows up on a specfic website so I don't go there as its been compromised but now I'm getting messages about my valheim game being compromised does this mean my systems full of viruses and multiple systems are infected and i need to uninstall all of m games and reset my system?

Sincerely Taylor

outbound connect.txt Outbound connection 4 riskware chromeexe.txt Outbound connection 3.txt Outbound Connection 2.txt

2 minutes ago, Baymax said:

I'm getting messages about my valheim game being compromised

While we wait for the staff to review, I want to pass some info on to you, The Staff will check the IP's and if not bad anymore they will delist it.

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

The game itself is not a virus.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

While we wait for the staff to review, I want to pass some info on to you, The Staff will check the IP's and if not bad anymore they will delist it.

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

Ooooh I see, I did check the IPs and they seemed to be server companies but to different countries so was still worried. But this is most likely innocent then, I noticed the IP on the chrome was on amazon advertisements on a site I was visiting, so was my chrome just interacting with the ad services on that webpage?

First time in years I have had any outbound connection warnings and I don't download untrusted software or links but my scans aren't showing up any viruses in the game folders or on the system so i assume my system is safe then?

Thanks for the quick reply! eases the mind!

On 6/17/2024 at 1:02 PM, Dashke said:

Thanks Baymax,

The IPs are now clean, so we will remove the blocks. Thank you for reporting them!

hello, I have now been receiving a bunch more of these outbound warnings from the games from many ips, but there was one today thats registered as a trojan outbound to an ip while the game is active. Should i be worried? I scanned the file origin but nothing showed up wrong.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 6/24/24
Protection Event Time: 10:34 AM
Log File: fc4aad9a-320c-11ef-8dfd-a8a1590e0d68.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.6.14.326
Components Version: 1.0.2348
Update Package Version: 1.0.86220
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Valheim\valheim.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, , 

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: 
IP Address: 135.125.189.116
Port: 2457
Type: Outbound
File: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Valheim\valheim.exe

(end)

43 minutes ago, Baymax said:

I have now been receiving a bunch more of these outbound warnings from the games from many ips, but there was one today thats registered as a trojan outbound to an ip while the game is active. Should i be worried? I scanned the file origin but nothing showed up wrong.

While we wait for the staff to review, I want to pass some info on to you, The Staff will check the IP and if not bad anymore they will delist it.

It is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online which often triggers IP blocks like this.

If you continue with the paid version of Malwarebytes after the trial, I suggest you look at the play mode section of Malwarebytes to suppress these warnings when playing games.

image.thumb.png.eb10f3c9c6afe9f07a14e3e7a9da577a.png