"control center" and "anti virus system pro"

TerryF

I was infected with something called Control Center five days ago The program seems to have another component "Anti Virus System Pro." My computer is only marginally functional because the programs are generating a huge number of false antivirus message and warning and trying to convince me to buy them. In addition if any web browse is on they dirct me to useless sites.

After a great deal of difficulty I managed to install Malwarebytes onto my desktop. However when I try to run the program I get error message, first run time error 0, followed shortly by runtime error 440. I downloaded the full version on my deskstop and it's fine, so it's nothing to do with the download.

I have downloaded the process explorer, identified the process killed it and this has not made a difference. In addition I found a program agent.exe associated with Control Center. I deleted it through command.com but the program still loaded when I rebooted so it cant be a critical process to the malware. I've rechecked process explorer and I think something is goinging on because some suspicious processes appear briefly -- to briefly to identify and then disappear.

I hope someone has some suggestions. My computer is pretty useless.

Thanks you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!