Donation Kitty for the HijackThis! logs forum helpers?

Marcus

Just a thought I've considered...

Those authorized staff members and others who help out in that forum constantly work virtually non-stop on a sort of ad hoc rotation basis and it's disappointing to see some people who request help don't bother to respond when a helper has requested (sometimes more than once) a series of follow-up logs - they don't reply when they think their problem is adequately dealt with. Others don't even bother to acknowledge and perhaps thank those who have helped them out; it really is bad manners and plain rude not to do so.

Perhaps a clickable donation link could be made available in an easy-to-find place in that forum so that any of us (not just those who ask for help) can contribute what each of us is able and willing to.

Or maybe when a helper logs on as a helper in that forum a donation link could automatically be attached to their signature and then removed as they log out from that forum.

Or both.

I realize that this does not address the matter of the ignorance of a few but it may just make things a bit easier for those hardworking helpers in some small tangible way. And it may help to remind us all that it is the helper's knowledge, time, training, analysis and effort that gets us out of the messes we get into in the first place.

What do others feel and think about this?

Marcin had (at least at one point) authorized those who help in the HijackThis forum who do not work for Malwarebytes to have a donation button in their signatures if they wanted to. I do not know if that policy is still in effect, and I don't know if very many of them ever did it when Marcin allowed them to.

Marcin had (at least at one point) authorized those who help in the HijackThis forum who do not work for Malwarebytes to have a donation button in their signatures if they wanted to. I do not know if that policy is still in effect, and I don't know if very many of them ever did it when Marcin allowed them to.

There is at least one current helper in the Experts group who has a donation button on the signature so presumably that policy is still operating.