Malwarebytes for Mac v.5.2.3

• Staff
Posted (edited)

Hello Mac users,

I'm glad to introduce a new version of Malwarebytes for Mac v.5.2.3
Check it out and let us know what you think.

What's new:

• Added a brand new My subscription section in the top right corner menu.
  • Removed the legacy My account tab from app settings.
  • Miscellaneous UI improvements and bug fixes.

This update will be delivered gradually to all users, you can instantly check for updates manually via Malwarebytes menu -> Check for updates to install the new version today.
It is also available at https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac-download

If you'd like to be the first to receive our updates and share your early feedback with us, make sure to subscribe to our Beta program.
In the app, go to Settings -> General -> check the Beta Application Updates checkbox and our next beta update will reach you soon.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Aryna pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Xauma95:

Many years back, some member/staffer talk discussed this. As you now see, the frequently updated Malwarebytes Browser Guard (MBG) extension has proved quite successful.

Malwarebytes 5 for Mac (MB5) defaults to always having the RTProtectionDaemon running that evaluates data transfers.

Apple has recently made very worthwhile improvements. Staffers will need to provide a more complete answer.

HTH

cc: @treed

Edited by 1PW
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1PW said:

Hello @Xauma95:

Many years back, some member/staffer talk discussed this. As you now see, the frequently updated Malwarebytes Browser Guard (MBG) extension has proved quite successful.

Malwarebytes 5 for Mac (MB5) defaults to always having the RTProtectionDaemon running that evaluates data transfers.

Apple has recently made very worthwhile improvements. Staffers will need to provide a more complete answer.

HTH

cc: @treed

Oh ok i see. Thanks for the info and the answer

• Like 1

• Staff
On 6/2/2024 at 4:08 AM, Xauma95 said:

Just wondering, will MBAM for mac have web protection as a feature in a future version?

In addition to Browser Guard, mentioned by 1PW, we are actively working on a web protection feature for MB5 similar to the same feature in the Windows client. I can't give a date, but we expect it to release some time this summer.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, treed said:

In addition to Browser Guard, mentioned by 1PW, we are actively working on a web protection feature for MB5 similar to the same feature in the Windows client. I can't give a date, but we expect it to release some time this summer.

That's amazing news, thanks!