Remotely Turn Off/On (Restart) Malwarebytes Service on Endpoints

Go to solution Solved by LuckyC14,

I am looking for a way to remotely and efficiently turn off and on Malwarebytes service on our endpoints.

Reasoning: There has been general network slowness on most users and, from what I've seen, simply turning off the Malwarebytes service and turning it back on a few seconds later cleared it up.

Would love to not have to do this manually at each and every user's desks. Would rather run a command or use the Nebula agent, but have yet to find any help online in the matter.

Already did, but thanks. Best he could do was give me a CMD to run, which didn't work.

image.png.1729b61c40c7cf8ab1e207733604df4f.png

Above is what he gave me.

Sometimes just checking what the masses know is what I figured best at this point. Last resort kinda thing.

They are all endpoints that I can manage from the Nebula WebApp, yes. Which I have not noticed something that can accomplish this.

Albeit the Nebula WebApp is quite young as far as I know, and I have already submitted a feature request to maybe have this functionality added.

3 hours ago, LuckyC14 said:

Reasoning: There has been general network slowness on most users and, from what I've seen, simply turning off the Malwarebytes service and turning it back on a few seconds later cleared it up.

Can you restart the system remotely? That would do the same thing.

Workstations need to restart at least monthly after Windows updates anyway.

Do you have fast start enabled on these computers? It can be the reson behind your issue.

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

The PCs I have been using as a test group are all kept up to date on Windows. And fully powering down also does not fix the issue (I have fully removed power to device.)

The simple fact is that just the service stopping and starting on a computer restart/shutdown and me manually stopping and starting it are doing different things. I had quite a controlled test group and have seen it work time and again.

Manually shutting down the service is obviously clearing out some kind of cache or something that is causing the slowness, but I couldn't get answers as to what.

• Root Admin
On 5/15/2024 at 10:35 AM, LuckyC14 said:

Already did, but thanks. Best he could do was give me a CMD to run, which didn't work.

image.png.1729b61c40c7cf8ab1e207733604df4f.png

Above is what he gave me.

Sometimes just checking what the masses know is what I figured best at this point. Last resort kinda thing.

Hello @LuckyC14

In  your support ticket you had replied that the issue was resolved and the ticket should be closed.

If you're continuing to have an issue, I would recommend that you please create a new support ticket and have them continue to assist you.

Business Support

https://support.threatdown.com/hc/en-us/

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

• Solution

image.thumb.png.e17fb9cf902d1df091f9ce563ff880af.png

The above is how the conversation with support ended, so I said to resolve it as in they couldn't help (if the app doesn't have a feature for it not much they can do.)

As stated, I just came to the community to see if anyone had any other solutions. I will drop the issue and await the Nebula agent to get some updates, and in the meantime manually shut down and turn back on the MWB service on all our endpoints.

• Like 2