Software conflict - Malwarebytes-Kaspersky Plus

I am running a legacy license (Malwarebytes Browser Guard version 2.6.25)

I have Kaspersky Plus. This software always reminds me that Malwayebytes is an incompatible program and wants it removed. (I will not)

Malwarebytes wants me to turn on "real time protection' but I don't know if this will conflict with the Kaspersky Plus.

Any suggestions?

MalwarebytesRealtimeProtection.png

MalwarebytesRealtimeProtection.jpg

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

@BeeGeemb

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and then do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool. The tool also downloads and runs a file called FRSTEnglish. Please allow it to run.
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine 
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

image.png.79d4442a821713608fa60808a98c2e69.png 

image.png.98d86a6c3017d2bbba48877ea4f6ba45.png

Thank you

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Which is more important to you? Malwarebytes or Kaspersky?

That is a tough question.

A side by side comparison shows each to be nearly equal in strength. Kaspersky, however, has Safe Money which I have used for YEARS. Kaspersky also has a Firewall.
But I am loath to give up my Malwarebytes. I feel it fills in the little 'holes' that might be lurking out there.

What it comes down to is.... i want them both!

10 minutes ago, BeeGeemb said:

What it comes down to is.... i want them both!

There is always some sort of conflict.

I would recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s), particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

Then go ahead and turn on the protection.

Most of us just use Windows Defender alongside Malwarebytes.

If a firewall is wanted, you can use https://www.binisoft.org/wfc

image.png.ddc934ecd6881d6656872344d1218be5.png

Edited by Porthos

Honestly, Defender/Malwarebytes with Malwarebytes Browser Gard and Ublock Origin in the browsers along with safe web habits are usually enough with banking.

Banks already have protections like 2FA and such.

Phishing in email is the biggest threat that due diligence can usually all one needs.

Food for thought.

I've had these 2 programs running side by side for over 12 years and I've not had a serious breech.

It is only the last year or so that this conflict has risen.

@BeeGeemb,

I am a new user of Kaspersky. I have an open topic on their Forums about this undismissible Kaspersky warning. I have exceptions configured in both programs and have not experienced any issues.  My Support complaint to Kaspersky to make the warning dismissible has been escalated to Kaspersky Tier 2 Support.  I never had that problem with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Premium that I ran together for over ten years.

From what I have read in their Forums, the warning was only recently modified so that it could not be dismissed.

I don't think it would be considered appropriate for me to link to my topic there in this Forum.  I am using the same name there as here (garioch7), so you can "find" my content.  There is not much content because I only replaced Bitdefender with Kaspersky on Monday.  So far, so good.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

3 minutes ago, garioch7 said:

From what I have read in their Forums, the warning was only recently modified so that it could not be dismissed.

In the past, you would have to install Kaspersky first and then install Malwarebytes to circumvent the warning about uninstalling Malwarebytes.

• Like 1

I receive no 'pop-up' warnings from Kaspersky, just this notice. I can SKIP it and I can KEEP it (Malwarebytes) but the warning remains.

Kaspersky Conflict Malwarebytes.jpg

5 minutes ago, BeeGeemb said:

I receive no 'pop-up' warnings from Kaspersky, just this notice. I can SKIP it and I can KEEP it (Malwarebytes) but the warning remains.

Is this on the first install? See the following.

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

In the past, you would have to install Kaspersky first and then install Malwarebytes to circumvent the warning about uninstalling Malwarebytes.

@Porthos,

That is still the case.  I removed my other AV product on Monday and then tried to install Kas Premium.  The installer exited, just like the BD installer used to do, stating I could not install KP without uninstalling MBP.  So, I uninstalled MBP and KP installed just fine.  All of the KP features were active.

Then I went and reinstalled MBP, configured exceptions, and thought all was good, but then the KP version of "Trusted Advisor" started presenting me with a warning of incompatible software "MB3 and MB4" (I am running MB5) that cannot be dismissed or ignored.  It just sits in your face.  I did some research yesterday on the K Forums and found that K has a list of incompatible software apps that include MB products as well as every AV app.  The warning originates from that list.

In KP, I don't get a "Skip" option, like @BeeGeemb shows in his post.  I just get "Keep" and "Remove."  When I select "Keep," the warning remains.

I have opened a K Support ticket, that is now escalated to Tier 2.  I think we would agree that it is MY computer, so it should be MY choice if I want to run MBP alongside K.  I should have the option to dismiss that warning in K.  If that class of security products forces me to remove MBP to accomplish a new or repair installation, I can live with that.  I am not happy about it, but it doesn't happen often that I have to reinstall my primary AV product.  BUT I am definitely upset that "Mother K" is trying to dictate my computer security configuration to eliminate MBP.  Even old "Mother BD" was not that territorial!

From what I have read, and for reasons I don't understand at all, K is also targeting MB Free as well as MBP, even with all real-time protection components disabled!  Being unable to dismiss or ignore the warning apparently started around February of this year.

If you are interested, I can PM you updates about my progress, if any, in trying to resolve this issue with K.  I am aware that discussing competitor products is not encouraged on this Forum for obvious reasons, so I will bow out now from this topic.  Please PM me if you want PM updates.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

Edited by garioch7

I would think this forum would be interested in issues like @garioch7 and would NOT make a fuss over this discussion. I, for one, am very interested in any updates dealing with this conflict.
As I posted earlier, I want both programs. It is a safety net. I run another program (Ccleaner) and these three make (IMO) a fine triumvirate. 

I received a new computer 18 months ago and reinstalled the K program first then the MB program then Ccleaner. Upon suggestion of @Porthos I configured the MB ALLOW list for K, turned on MB's REALTIME PROTECTION and now no longer receive the message to turn it on. No fuss from K though K still doesn't get along with MB. 

Still, I would monitor what happens with @garioch7.

@BeeGeemb This is not a Malwarebytes problem or one it can solve. It is all Kaspersky and them not wanting to support the use of anything but their product.

Of course, we/the company cares. But it is all Kaspersky's doing NOT Malwarebytes.

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@BeeGeemb This is not a Malwarebytes problem or one it can solve. It is all Kaspersky and them not wanting to support the use of anything but their product.

Of course, we/the company cares. But it is all Kaspersky's doing NOT Malwarebytes.

I agree. MB users are, however, affected, right?

1 minute ago, BeeGeemb said:

MB users are, however, affected, right?

Of course, but only ones who wish to use software from companies that want to hold their users hostage to only their program.