Malwarebytes RTP clarification

Greetings,

I was on V Rising, a videogame, and I was on the server search screen. I had not clicked on any servers, neither did I try to access anything, when I got the notification from MalwareBytes that it blocked a few items. I am not that savvy when it comes to computer security, so could you explain to me what this means? I would like to know how I got this, and what to do to ensure that I have no further problems. Thanks in advance. Here are the logs.

The entity/file that got blocked was identified as Crypt.Trojan.MSIL.DDS. If that helps with anything.

Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-09 001414.txt Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-09 001422.txt Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-08 211551.txt

@JRig

While we wait for staff to review, I want to pass some info on to you, Staff will check the IP and if not bad anymore they will delist it.

It is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online.

Just now, Porthos said:

Can we have the log that shows the file detection?

These were all the logs involving detections today. I find it weird also that they appear as blocked websites. Two of those by that name were in quarantine, but I am very new to internet security that I deleted them pretty much immediately in my confusion.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Find that log please and attach it.

Okay, so, that was the name of the files in quarantine. How do I find the logs you are requesting?

5 minutes ago, JRig said:

How do I find the logs you are requesting?

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you

These are the only reports in that place. None were deleted, I exported those.

Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-09 001414.txt Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-09 001422.txt Malwarebytes Website Blocked Report 2024-05-08 211551.txt

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I guess you delete logs often?

How long ago was that file quarantined?

I don't delete logs ever. That file was quarantined approximately 2 hours ago.

If you can't find the log do the following.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and then do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool. The tool also downloads and runs a file called FRSTEnglish. Please allow it to run.
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine 
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

image.png.79d4442a821713608fa60808a98c2e69.png 

image.png.98d86a6c3017d2bbba48877ea4f6ba45.png

Thank you

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Did you check under the history tab?

image.png.0dc5d4b7f7684ac79a66999d1cb53fc7.png

image.png.9cba8a029019366e397eb6969f79d6e2.png

I checked under that tab, that's what I saw. I uploaded the three files at the top. I will proceed with what you requested.

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If you can't find the log do the following.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and then do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool. The tool also downloads and runs a file called FRSTEnglish. Please allow it to run.
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine 
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

image.png.79d4442a821713608fa60808a98c2e69.png 

image.png.98d86a6c3017d2bbba48877ea4f6ba45.png

Thank you

I believe this is what you requested.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Here is a stupid question, do you still play the game VRising?

The first logs you posted were from Version 4 and now you have the new 5 installed.

You also correct the logs are not there.

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Here is a stupid question, do you still play the game VRising?

The first logs you posted were from Version 4 and now you have the new 5 installed.

You also correct the logs are not there.

All those logs happened at the same time. When the alert came up, I closed the game and started scanning, updated Malwarebytes because it gave me an alert and scanned again.

4 hours ago, BjelakovicL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. The IP blocks will be removed in the next database update.

If I may ask, what happened exactly for that alert to come up? Why did it get flagged and why did it show in quarantine with that name? This is just pure curiosity and need to know for the future.

3 hours ago, JRig said:

If I may ask, what happened exactly for that alert to come up? Why did it get flagged and why did it show in quarantine with that name? This is just pure curiosity and need to know for the future.

Back to my first post,

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

It is due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online.

Some IP's are blocked. That does not mean the game is infected depending on the actual source of the game.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Back to my first post,

Some IP's are blocked. That does not mean the game is infected depending on the actual source of the game.

I appreciate your help and patience. Thank you very much.

• Thanks 1