Unable to install Malwarebytes

This is the first time posting anything so please bare with me. We have an Acer Aspire A315-51, Windows 10 Home x64ntel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz. It had Malwarebytes for teams on there but now is gone. I believe the user was infected as I am no longer able to install the Application. I have include the mbst-clean and check -results as I attempted troubleshooting. Please Help!

Thank you

Daniel

mbst-check-results.txt mbst-clean-results.txt

@DBehnke We need the entire zip file gathered with the steps below.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Disable-Fast-Startup
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

Then please restart the computer and then do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool. The tool also downloads and runs a file called FRSTEnglish. Please allow it to run.
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine 
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Desktop or on the hidden Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

image.png.79d4442a821713608fa60808a98c2e69.png 

image.png.98d86a6c3017d2bbba48877ea4f6ba45.png

Thank you

Do the following and then wait for one of the experts to reply further..

Download AV block remover, extract its contents to its own folder. If the file is detected as a threat, allow it to run. 

• Disable all real protection
  • Run AVbr.exe. Put a check mark on drive C:.
  • If running AVbr.exe cause error or don't start at all you have to rename it to any name and try to run from the different place (you can rename its folder as well).
  • If it is still not run or closing shortly after the start, please run it in Safe Mode with Networking.

Follow the instructions. After rebooting a log AV_block_remove_date-time.log is produced in the extracted folder's AV_block_remover sub-folder. Please attach this file to your reply.

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Please rename FRST.EXE or FRST64.EXE to FRSTEnglish.exe
  • After renaming the file right-click over FRSTEnglish.exe and select "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer if this is the first time using the tool
  • Make sure there is a check mark in the Addition.txt check box
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run from. Please attach both logs to your next reply.

• Root Admin

After running the tool above, please get me new, fresh set of log

Scan with SecurityCheck by glax24
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/307301-scan-with-securitycheck-by-glax24/

Scan with FSS Farbar Service Scanner
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/306736-scan-with-fss-farbar-service-scanner/

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/306601-scan-with-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Thank you

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

The Farbar (FRST) program is located here in your downloads folder:  FRSTEnglish.exe.exe

Please follow the process below to perform a fix in Safe Mode

Start in Safe mode:

• Press the Windows icon on the keyboard together with the letter I, to get into the Settings.
  • Choose Update and Security.
  • From the menu at the left, choose Recovery.
  • Under the title Advanced startup at the right, choose Restart now.
  • From the window that will appear choose Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
  • Choose Startup Settings and then Restart.
  • Press number 5, for choosing Safe mode with networking.
  • You will know that you are in Safe mode, if the background is black and Safe mode is written at the four corners of the screen.

After that:

Please do the following to run a FRST fix.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

• Select the entire contents of the code box below, from the "Start::" line to "End::", including both lines. Right-click and select "Copy ". No need to paste anything to anywhere.

Start::
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender: [DisableAntiSpyware] Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender: [DisableAntiVirus] Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender: Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate: Restriction
GroupPolicy: Restriction
End::

• Right-click on FRSTEnglish in your Downloads folder, to run it as administrator. When the tool opens, click "yes" to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt in your Downloads folder or where you have the Farbar program located.
  • Attach that log in your next reply.

Thank you

Hello sir. I did log into the admin account, and made sure to give it admin privilege. I did get a popup when i went to run the program, it stated "Failed to update (1)" but it did let me run it. I will try again.

I am not able to boot into Safemode with networking and have networking work. I ran the troubleshooter and it just stated to reboot out of safemode. I am using an ethernet cable just incase there is a problem with using wifi. Any suggestions?

Attached  is showing both Admin account and run program in admin. Still in Safemode with networking as requested by Root Admin. The previous posts have the logs from it not being run in safemode. 

Capture.PNG

• Root Admin

No, the Safe Mode FIX worked.

Please restart into Normal Mode now and run the following again.

Let's go ahead and run a couple of scans and get some updated logs from your system. Please read the entire post below before starting so that you're more familiar with the process

Then follow each step in the order provided. Unless otherwise asked, please attach all logs

Please make the following system changes:

• If you have not done so already - Enable System Protection and create a NEW System Restore Point
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus real-time protection or other security software first only if it blocks or interferes with the scans or downloads.. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below only if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the downloads are completed
  • Disable-Fast-Startup
  • Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions

Please run the following scans:

1. Click the following link and run a  Scan with AdwCleaner
  2. Click the following link and run a  Scan with Malwarebytes 
       RESTART the computer
  3. Click the following link and run a  Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 

Example image of where to click to attach files when posting your reply

image.thumb.png.e208c182ff570799c53bcf57

Thank you