I keep getting RTP detection and trojan blocked website notifications

Sometime between 11pm and 4am the next day, I received a notification that RTP had been detected and the site had been blocked because of the trojan. I used Malwarebytes software but it did not scan any malicious files. Can someone help me?

@Lilith

Although I will not be directly assisting you, a malware removal expert will be along to assist after you do the following.

Let's get the info to get the process started. Be aware it will take many steps and scans to fully remove malware.

Please respond to all future instructions from your helper in a timely manner.

Let's go ahead and run a couple of scans and get some updated logs from your system. Please read the entire post below before starting so that you're more familiar with the process

Then follow each step in the order provided. Unless otherwise asked, please attach all logs

Please make the following system changes: Please pay close attention the the instructions in all of the following links.

• If you have not done so already - Enable System Protection and create a NEW System Restore Point
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus real-time protection or other security software first only if it blocks or interferes with the scans or downloads.. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below only if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the downloads are completed
  • Disable-Fast-Startup
  • Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions

Please run the following scans: Please pay close attention the the instructions in all of the following links.

1. Click the following link and run a  Scan with AdwCleaner
  2. Click the following link and run a  Scan with Malwarebytes 
       RESTART the computer
  3. Click the following link and run a  Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 

Example image of where to click to attach files when posting your reply

image.thumb.png.e208c182ff570799c53bcf57

Then be patient for the next expert to take your case.

Thank you

:Welcome:  :)

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary.  :)

Let's begin... 

In regard to your question, No. FRST will identify infections if these have been identified by the security community. We just cannot determine its source. If you wish, I can provide you with a script to remove these and check your system for errors.

This Fix will empty the following folders:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

FRST64 is saved as C:\Users\nguye\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe

• Download the enclosed file Fixlist.txt
  • Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved (FRSTEnglish.exe)
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges 
  • This time around Press the Fix button and wait
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Please attach this file in your next reply. If too large, use an online upload service and post the link. ww.wetransfer.com is a good site.

Dr.Web CureIt!

Please download the Dr.Web CureIt! anti-virus utility
https://free.drweb.com/

You will need to send them an email to obtain a link to download the scanner, please do so

• The downloaded file will normally have a unique name such as:  q7a9tr4p.exe
  • Close all open applications and locate the downloaded file and double-click to run it
  • The program will take a moment to launch and bring up the License and Update screen
  • Place a check mark to agree to the terms and then click on the Continue button
  • Click the underlined link Select objects for scanning
  • On the top left click the Scanning objects that should automatically check all objects
  • Click the small wrench and make sure there is a check on Automatically apply actions to threats
  • Then click the large button on bottom right Start scanning
  • Once the scan has completed there will be a link named Open report click that and a log named cureit.log should open in Notepad
  • The log is saved in the folder named Doctor Web in the top of your user profile folders
  • Please attach that log on your next reply

Scan with SecurityCheck by glax24

The following tool named SecurityCheck is a utility for quickly checking for the presence of possibly vulnerable applications and the status of other security settings

• Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen only if it blocks the download of the software. The program is safe
  • Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive. You can check the VirusTotal scan of the tool from here
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow it to run
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

windows_protected_your_pc.png.70b2896210

windows_protected_your_pc_unknown_publis

securitycheck_checking.png.508e481a21801

Items checked:

The following items are scanned by the SecurityCheck tool

• User Account Control (UAC).
  • Service pack.
  • IE version.
  • Automatic OS update. Sets of critical KB patches when updating is disabled.
  • Antivirus, firewall, other security utilities.
  • Versions of Java, Oracle Virtualbox.
  • Version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR.
  • Versions of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Reader DC, Foxit Reader.
  • Versions of media players (iTunes, AIMP, foobar2000).
  • Versions of messengers (Skype, Pidgin).
  • Versions of installed browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Yandex, SeaMonkey).
  • Versions of mail programs (The Bat, Thunderbird).
  • Checking running processes and security program services
  • Searching for installed Adware programs and optimizer programs (More than 5000).

There are no infected objects detected.

Proceed accordingly:

Microsoft Visual Studio Code v.1.84.2 Warning! Download Update
Python 3.11.6 (64-bit) v.3.11.6150.0 Warning! Download Update
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) - 14.38.33130 v.14.38.33130.0 Warning! Download Update
WinRAR 6.24 (64-bit) v.6.24.0 Warning! Download Update
Discord v.1.0.9005 Warning! Download Update
Cloudflare WARP v.23.12.3.0 Warning! Download Update

The rest is clear, Congratulations.

Use this application to remove tools used and their quarantined items:

Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.

• Click on KpRm.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

• Put a check mark next to these items:

- Delete tools

- Delete Restore Points

- Create Restore Point

- Delete now

• Click the "Run" button.

automatic.png

• When the tool has finished, it will create and open a log report and delete itself.

A few final recommendations:

The following information will help you to keep your computer and data safer as well as improve your overall privacy

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

uBlock Origin

Cybersecurity basics & protection

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
https://www.malwarebytes.com/cybersecurity

Further reading if you'd like to keep up on the malware threat scene: Malwarebytes Blog  https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy

Tips to help protect from infection

Hopefully, we've been able to assist you with correcting your system issues.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes. Please tell your friends and family if they too need assistance with malware removal.

Regards.🙂