MBAM and HijackThis

mblues

Hi,

I have had MBAM on my compter for almost a year now and never had a problem, but recently whenever I try to use internet explorer it continually re-directs me to sites or tries to close the browser and I can not stay logged into MSN.

When I try to run MBAM, I get an error that says I do not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I tried un-installing and re-installing MBAM and the program will run for approximately 15 seconds and then close and when I try to re-open the file it gives me the same aforementioned error. I looked at some forums about re-naming the file but was unable to do this.

THe hijack this prgram has a similar result, it begins but then closes. I also experienced the same result with Trend PC house call.

Can someone please help me fix my computer?

Thanks so much.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

1. Download RKill

Save it to your desktop.

Double click on rkill.exe to run it.

2. Download ComboFix from here

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.

3. Please download HijackThis

• Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click the file then click the Install button.
  • The file will be extracted to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
  • A shortcut for future use will also be created on your desktop and the Intro Frame of HijackThis will open.
  • Accept the disclaimer.
  • Click Do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it here.

• 3 weeks later...