She didn't, she did. MBAM to the resuce.

I just help a lady who got infected with Windows Enterprise Suite. When she called asking for help I asked her to describe what the laptop was doing and when she told me about the pop-ups and how the PC was really slow I told her it sounded like a trojan. She then told me she paid for the program that came up telling her the laptop was infected. Wow, they raised the ante from $40 to $70+.

To make a long story short I had her come by and I installed MBAM on her laptop and removed the nasties. I suggested she contact her credit card company and cancel that charge and card completely. Hopefully she is not out any money, but at least now she has MBAM to keep her safe. Hopefully she keeps MBAM updated and follows my advice to run MBAM regularly.

As much as like MBAM and how it cleans the nasties its incidents like this that led to my screen name. I have ideas on what they should do those who write the programs and take advantage of unsuspecting user but they border on extreme punishment. :)