websites getting blocked my Malwarebytes connected to AnyDesk

Anywhere from 5 to 20 times a day Malwarebytes is blocking websites.  When I look at the detections, they all have different IP addresses, but they are all "linked" to AnyDesk.

I just started using AnyDesk the other day and I've been getting these sites blocked every day.

Here is a list of a few detections today.

image.jpeg.3fafc7cdc0da22518cbec71c53e8d29e.jpeg

Here is the detail for one of these detections.

Iimage.png.fd5ec861291be64a697a6d3d763d7c55.png

I am seeing these on my PC and my wife's PC.  I guess I'm concerned about these inbound connections.  They are getting blocked on our PCs, but I also have AnyDesk installed on a relatives PC that doesn't have Malwarebytes.  Is it a concern?  Is AnyDesk not a safe utility to use?

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by BillH99999

Thanks for the reply @Porthos

I am using the remote control software to help my 96 year old mother-in-law when she has problems.  I only connect a few times a year at most.  Distant Desktop would cost too much for that limited use.

I used to use TeamViewer for years, but they just cut me off saying I am using it commercially (which I am not).  You would think they could see how much I use it, but who knows.

That is the only reason I tried AnyDesk.  I tried Google Remote Desktop and couldn't get it to work.  I kept getting "Unknown error encountered" or something like that.

I guess I'll ditch AnyDesk.

Thanks,

Bill

Posted (edited)

Oops... I looked at pricing and didn't see a free version at first glance.  I should have paged down.

I installed it on my computer and my wife's computer and I was able to connect to her PC just fine.  I think this will work just fine as an alternative to TeamViewer for my needs.

Thanks for the suggestion and for correcting my pricing mistake.

Bill

Edited by BillH99999
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BjelakovicL said:

Hi,

All of the IPs listed above are legitimately blocked.

www.abuseipdb.com/check/185.242.226.26
www.abuseipdb.com/check/128.14.173.90
www.abuseipdb.com/check/222.186.13.132
www.abuseipdb.com/check/176.97.210.101
www.abuseipdb.com/check/45.83.66.111

Thanks.  I thought that was probably the case.  That is why I'm going to ditch AnyDesk.  I didn't have this problem with TeamViewer.  Hopefully I won't with Distant Desktop.

Bill

• Like 2