Malwarebytes flagged BSG Escape from Tarkov Launched update as ransomeware

Carlp216

I hadn't played the game in a while and I opened the launcher to install it's updates. The launcher, and the actual game  updated ok with no messages. I then iupdated arena. It downloaded and installed the update. Just as it finished the install Malewarebytes flagged it as trying to install ransomware and had me reboot it finish quarantining it. Is this a false flag and are others haviong this happen as well?  there were 3 files quarantined: Two in different file locations named - Battlestate Games Launcher.Ink and the other one was BsgLauncher.exe

Before restoring the files from quarantine and providing the detection log from Malwarebytes, it's crucial to recognize the potential risk, particularly concerning ransomware.

Reintroducing files without thorough verification may inadvertently activate malicious content, such as ransomware, posing a significant threat to our data security. We must prioritize caution and ensure that any restored files undergo comprehensive scanning and analysis to mitigate the risk of compromising our system's integrity