Considering paying for an proton email account

Clang

Don't trust my Xfinity email address anymore since the hack several months ago.

Want a email provider with a good service.... Proton would me my 1st chose unless there are good (and free) email providers that you might know of. 

Ok ... I bought the Proton mail plus plan . Im getting the hang of it the mail app but getting confused about Proton Pass. Really want to use the hide my email feature. I set up 3 email address in the mail app but I cant change the forward to email in proton pass. It seems to stick to the default email address I got the scout with. Am I missing anything? Anyone have more experience than I with this ?(I hope,) 

ppassCapture.thumb.JPG.4f2ddd135076f7a8e7569926e06cc1aa.JPG

On 4/2/2024 at 3:26 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Fastmail is pretty good as well but not free 

What appeals to me most is "real answers from a real person." Not sure if it's hype though. 

After the release of Digital Footprint by msherwood  earlier this week, there's incentive to take email much more seriously.

The good news is I surprised myself by having only 2 out of 9 addresses "leaking." All the rest, I made up strange quirky addresses years ago.  

One reason I paid for the proton email is that simplelogin is paired with them.

https://simplelogin.io/

They have a hide my email address feature that I'm starting to use.

What in does is that you can set up a alias address for each site you sign up for and then it will forward those emails to your real email address. So now when a dreaded data breach happens on their site your fake email is exposed for only that site and not your real one. 

The Proton package costs 110 yearly with the simplelogin service.

Simple login is 30 yearly by itself .

Screenshot_20240413_095038_Brave.thumb.jpg.80e80f396a2d78168b80623bcb431238.jpg

• Like 1