windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access the item

Hello all,

I think my computer may be infested with something.

Every time I try to do a scan, via..AVG, spyware dr, spybot, online scanners, etc.. Right when I click on the program, it shuts downs and I try to click on it again and I get this message...

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

When I try an online scan...bitdefender, housecall, eset...etc. It'll run for a few seconds and then it closes my browser (firefox). I get the same message when I try to open firefox again. I then have to reinstall firefox to get it to work again. But, the same thing always happens when I try to do a online scan.

I've been all over the net trying different things and to no avail.

If it helps... I'm running Vista SP2.

I tried to use HiJackThis and the same thing happens.....it'll scan and then close and I can't open it again.

I was able to get a WIN32K log if that will help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Win32kDiag.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!