Commandline arguments help

I'm trying out the command line arguments, specifically /quickscanterminate, /logtofile <pathtofile> and /logtofolder <path>.

/quickscanterminate by itself works fine; the UI opens, scans, terminates.

/logtofile <pathtofile> and /logtofolder <path>, whether I use them alone or in conjunction with /quickscanterminate, do nothing. The UI never opens, nothing happens.

The path is valid, the current user has permission to write to that path, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

You can only use one command line argument at a time.

For more information, please send me a message via the forums.

Why can't this information be provided in a reply here on the forum?

Is it only available for corporate or full version Users?

Also:

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /minimized /quickscanterminate

Malwarebytes starts up minimized

Malwarebase starts running a quick scan

But no result is displayed (ie no log) But then again I don't have any Malwares at all

Also it doesn't seem to auto-update doing it this way?

------------

I'd like to know all the command line options myself (Free Malwarebytes - for personal use)

Is there a guide or link to somewhere I can read?

Ideally, I want Malwarebytes to Start > Then Update > Then do a Quick scan > Then remove all found issues > Then show the log

Note: The removal of all found Malware issues would just be a bonus

• Root Admin

Yes, some of it is only available in the Corporate version. Home users normally should be able to manage the program via the GUI

Typically we find that those wanting further information on command line switches are business users and we do offer support for them as well but you need to be licensed for business and not using the home user license.

You can use logtofile or logtofolder and it will log it there, but you will no longer be able to view those logs in the Logs tab of the program which is not typically what most home users want and is a more advanced feature for Technicians.

Just as the helpfile says.

Example: mbam.exe /logtofolder C:\Logs (will save all log files to C:\Logs)

Then run your scan and it should now log to that folder, but again, you will no longer see the logs in the Logs Tab of the program.

Thanks, but no that won't do

I was hoping for a command line that I could post to others (tech forum support related)

I'll tell you why I have the issue of wanting direct automatic update and scanning (and ideally automatic removal)

Is because constantly I reply to members that have either: Not updated, or Not removed the found issues

So a command line that did that automatically would be good

By the way the manual remove entries (preferred as the safest option always) I have never ever kept any found Malwares on any Malwarebytes scan, on thousands of Users computers (again personal use on a tech forum)

So, that's why.

• Root Admin

Well there are hundreds of thousands of posts all over the Web with users easily completing the scan and cleanup process the way it currently is.

I'm sure we'd really love to help you further but what you're requesting is basically give away everything we have for free. That's not a very good business model.

I will give you the canned message that many helpers use that seems to work quite well for them though and millions of reports of objects removed show that it's working quite well using this model.

Update and Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Start MalwareBytes AntiMalware (Vista users must Right click and choose RunAs Admin)
  • Please DO NOT run MBAM in Safe Mode unless requested to, you MUST run it in normal Windows mode.
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Select the Update tab
    • Click Update

[*]When the update is complete, select the Scanner tab

[*]Select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

[*]When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

[*]Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

[*]When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply

• If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Then post back the MBAM log.