Startup Lite alternative

squeezin

So i just found out that startup lite is no longer in development...i guess i always took it for granted.

I was told it will probably work on windows 7, but wont remove some unneeded stuff.

So, anyone got any suggestions for a startup lite alternative, particularly one that works on vista and win7?

Thanks for reading.

Good call on the autoruns and process explorer...i always forget about that app for some reason.

Miss the old sysinternals apps.

Ill have to tinker with winpatrol. Seems like a pretty cool app.

I really like startup lite for the simple fact i can tell someone about it, have then download and run without thr fear of bluescreening there system.

Oh the simplicity....

Thanks for the suggestions peeps!.

I've used the free version of WinPatrol on and off for some time now; upgraded to the Plus version earlier yesterday and I now wonder why I didn't consider it before.

I've always thought it was GooD; and you're right it is more than just an autostart checker. Didn't mean it to sound otherwise. Thanks, YoKenny1, for pointing it out.

I have to say, I have been falling more and more in love with Autoruns and some of the tools provided by Sysinternals but what other program out there is going to monitor your HOSTS file, start up locations, browser helper objects, and scheduled jobs to name a few in real-time for any changes. All within a light resourced program. Can't beat that!