Daily Telegraph

gr277

Using Firefox, I often access the "Daily Telegraph" web site, via tabbed browsing. (a respected UK Newspaper)

Since an hour ago, every time I try to access this web site, I get an alert telling me that "Malwarebytes Antimalware has successfully blocked access to malicious 62.41.85.72".....!!!

I can not understand this, as the Daily Telegraph site in not malicious.

I have tried to access the site using IE8, with the same result.

Is it possible that the Daily Telegraph site has been compromised, and Malwarebytes is detecting this?

I am at a loss as to the reason for this alert.

I have just scan my machine with Malwarebytes and nothing is detected.

I would be grateful for any advice.

P.S. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

I can confirm it's not the Daily Telegraph's site that's been blocked as their site is on a completely different IP network. The IP you listed however, is on a network that is well known for malicious activity;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=62.41.85.72

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the notification you mentioned whilst accessing their website, so whilst I'm 99% sure, I can only speculate, that it was one of the adverts on the site that was to blame for this.

I can confirm it's not the Daily Telegraph's site that's been blocked as their site is on a completely different IP network. The IP you listed however, is on a network that is well known for malicious activity;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=62.41.85.72

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the notification you mentioned whilst accessing their website, so whilst I'm 99% sure, I can only speculate, that it was one of the adverts on the site that was to blame for this.

Thank you for the response MysteryFCM. This morning, there is no difficulty with accessing the site.

All credit to MBAM for picking up a potential problem....