Detection on SecurityCheck

Thiber

Greetings,

A few months ago while browsing the forum (this one) I found a thread with a recommendation by a mod to download SecurityCheck.exe with a recommended download link. At the time I was interested and downloaded and used the tool to check my pc which files needed updating. Successfully used it without MWB complaining and updated some outdated programs on my pc, since then I left the SecurityCheck.exe file on my pc in the downloads folder without giving it another thought.

This morning MWB alerted me that SecurityCheck.exe is malware out of the blue and quarantined it. I'm left confused now, why all of a sudden this file, which was recommended in an older post here is suddenly detected as malware.

I've attached the detection log...

Detection.jpg

6 hours ago, Thiber said:

This morning MWB alerted me that SecurityCheck.exe is malware out of the blue and quarantined it. I'm left confused now, why all of a sudden this file, which was recommended in an older post here is suddenly detected as malware.

I think the AI fixed it already.