Premium Licence Shuffle Gone Bad

@Porthos

I have 3 "seats" on my license. One is on a computer (Dell) with Windows 11. One is on an Android phone. The remaining one is the problem.

Originally, the Chromebook used it. Now, I have another computer with Internet access and using Windows 7.

I went into my account, saw my active devices, and removed it from the Chromebook.
I went into my account on the Win7 system and "activated" that last seat.

What I am now seeing is: Premium continues working on my Chromebook, it shouldn't.  It have RTP. Although this glitch is in my favor, I needs to be resolved so I don't lose my license by "cheating."

Premium is on my Win7, on my phone and on my Dell. It is on my Chromebook too. I haven't paid for more than 3 devices.

My last issue is the license. The license I got last year is being used for this year. I don't know why. In my email for this year, the Key is totally different from the Key last year. Yet the dashboard has the 2023 key. Perhaps this is the problem.

Thank you for your patience and attention.🌺

1 hour ago, NewTricks said:

Premium is on my Win7, on my phone and on my Dell. It is on my Chromebook too.

I suggest you uninstall MB on the Chromebook.

Also, This is something to contact support about. Why you tagged me I have no idea as I don't work for Malwarebytes.

This is one issue only the support desk can address. The forum can not deal with license issues.

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

Please submit only one ticket/request. Additional tickets will increase the delay.

Be advised it can take 3-7 weekdays for a response after the automated reply with your ticket number.

• Thanks 1

My ticket has been solved by Malwarebytes Support at the address provided above.

For those who noticed that their 2023 "key" was different than the 2024 "key" this is the answer.

"The key listing you have noticed on your renewal email is just an Alias that exists only for documentation purposes; the Malwarebytes key format was changed drastically over the years, omitting the License ID portion and now, every License key issued, has 20 characters grouped in sets of 5.

To activate Premium on a device you can use either the updated format or the old alias (when ticking the option "My license came with a License ID").

The remaining issue, if I choose to pursue here, or elsewhere, is how to get the FREE version of MB on my Chromebook. Google PlayStore offers that app, but installing is not possible, with a message that MB only runs on Windows. For the last year, Malwarebytes Premium ran on my Chromebook, which does not have Windows. So be it. Perhaps I'll stumble across an answer.

• Like 1