Trying to install Browser Guard download redirects to v4

I installed MBAM 5 and for personal reason, I ran MBAM 4 with Browser Guard not installed.

I am evaluating version 5 and since downloading the beta, chose the installation option I normally do (omitting Browser Guard). However, I have had a change of heart and feel it is time to evaluate the usefulness of the extension.

So, following the recommended actions from the Dashboard, I attempted to install the extension, which promptly redirected me to a download of the v4 setup .exe.

Naturally, I declined the download and instead re-ran the MBAM 5 beta setup.exe and enabled the extension (Edge). 

I just thought it would be good to let you know.

• Staff
On 2/15/2024 at 9:06 AM, winactive said:

So, following the recommended actions from the Dashboard, I attempted to install the extension, which promptly redirected me to a download of the v4 setup .exe.

Can you explain more about "recommended actions from the Dashboard"?  

In MB5, there is no Dashboard recommendation.  In Trusted Advisor there is, under Recommendations.  Pressing "Install" will take you to the Browser Guard page at Malwarebytes.  

image.thumb.png.bf1be712b528169e0c6dc5fd72b639de.png

From the Browser Guard page, there is a "Download for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge" button.  Pressing that button will take you to the appropriate extension store for your browser.

image.thumb.png.50585a46bf5666b764171546a65f240e.png

Is it possible you pressed "Free Download" in the upper right?  That would have downloaded the Malwarebytes for Windows setup program, which was MB version 4.  

Let us know if we have this right.  Thanks for your help!

On 2/21/2024 at 4:15 PM, ChuckOp said:

Can you explain more about "recommended actions from the Dashboard"?  

In MB5, there is no Dashboard recommendation.  In Trusted Advisor there is, under Recommendations.  Pressing "Install" will take you to the Browser Guard page at Malwarebytes.  

image.thumb.png.bf1be712b528169e0c6dc5fd72b639de.png

From the Browser Guard page, there is a "Download for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge" button.  Pressing that button will take you to the appropriate extension store for your browser.

image.thumb.png.50585a46bf5666b764171546a65f240e.png

Is it possible you pressed "Free Download" in the upper right?  That would have downloaded the Malwarebytes for Windows setup program, which was MB version 4.  

Let us know if we have this right.  Thanks for your help!

Entirely probable. Yes, it would have been the Trusted Advisor (it is in the Dashboard view). Not sure it directed me there (page above), but seeing as I'm now re-evaluating the extension I no longer see the prompt to install.

Thank you for your response!

• Like 1