Copy-And-Paste From One Firefox-Waterfox Browser To Another WITH Link Names

This may have been asked before, I don't know, I just joined this forum now for this question here -

In transferring individual bookmarks from one Firefox / Waterfox browser to another using copy-and-paste either through the leftside vertical column or in Bookmarks Manager it will copy the URL link and title that link the URL code itself and not what you renamed that link or its default name from its creator.

But if you drag-n-drop URL links from one leftside column to another with 2 browsers open and the same time then it will save the original title of the URLs, which is what I want.

But I have 1,000's of weblinks to transfer from one browser to another and I want to do them folder-by-folder while keeping the original link title names.

I don't want to do an import all html file because the html file I'm transferring from is completely messed up as would be using the sync option. And I can't do an html export-import folder-by-folder either.

So what is my best approach by doing it folder and subfolder each at a time. Is this possible somehow? If it isn't then Mozilla has completely dropped the ball on this useful feature.

• Root Admin

My suggestion would be to fix the file names and URL links to be what you want in Firefox. Then use the Boomarks -> Manage Bookmarks

Validate that all names, URLs are what you want including folder names and sorted how you want. Then backup the bookmarks to the JSON file.

Then in Waterfox import the saved JSON file from Firefox if it's not 100% exactly what you have or had in Firefox I would open a support ticket with Waterfox to find out why not.

but then that is no different then fixing all the folders and links and then just exporting the HTML and re-importing it to the new browser which is what I'm trying to avoid because that is alot of time. I want to just grab full folders and their subfolders with their link titles via any method that works and if it takes a 3rd-party software then that okay to.

hello a user on another forum came up with a Firefox extension that works perfectly:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-branch-porter

this extension works perfectly and does exactly what I'm looking for. It saves the link titles, the subfolders in folders (only if links are in them, empty subfolders are not saved, no big deal) and it's easy to use and migrate. It's almost a perfect solution.

3 hours ago, SennaSempre said:

hello a user on another forum came up with a Firefox extension that works perfectly:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmark-branch-porter

this extension works perfectly and does exactly what I'm looking for. It saves the link titles, the subfolders in folders (only if links are in them, empty subfolders are not saved, no big deal) and it's easy to use and migrate. It's almost a perfect solution.

It has 28 users and was last updated 6 months ago, not something that I would trust.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Did you even try what was suggested. It truly works to save FOLDER, NAMES, URL, Notes, exactly as saved in the original in the JSON format.  HTML bookmarks don't do that but the builtin JSON backup does.

Since you don't even seem to try, I'm going to wish you well and stop following this topic as it's going no where.

well I did trust it and I'm already moving folders over to the 2nd browser, it seems to work fine so why wouldn't someone trust it if it does the job.

no I didn't try the JSON avenue yet but that same extension gives me the option of saving the JSON extension, I'll give it a try and test it then.