Click on link and end up elsewhere..........

mjstef

I downloaded the SDfix file you posted above yet AGAIN! I went to the C-Drive, Found the file, Opened it and clicked "Run This" I get this screen below and when i type "Y" the screen goes away and nothing happens!! What in the hell am i doing wrong?????????????????????????????????? It says boot in Safe Mode but you said i don't need to! What way is it?????

scan02.jpg

OK, after typing the Y do you boot into safe mode? This is my mistake and I'm sorry, I told you that wasn't necessary.

Once in safemode you should choose the U option. Now I see how your getting all those other logs. I used a set of instructions that don't explain all of this very well. I am truly sorry.

Were you able to uninstall Weather Bug? What symptoms are you having?

OK, after typing the Y do you boot into safe mode? This is my mistake and I'm sorry, I told you that wasn't necessary.

Once in safemode you should choose the U option. Now I see how your getting all those other logs. I used a set of instructions that don't explain all of this very well. I am truly sorry.

Were you able to uninstall Weather Bug? What symptoms are you having?

I haven't had time to mess with it at all. I'll try to restart in Safe Mode tomorrow. My symptoms??? I can do a search and click on the results i want but it takes me elsewhere. For example i just did a search for KOA campgrounds. The first result on the page is the main KOA page with an address of www.koakampgrounds.com When i click the header in the description, i see on the bottom of the page "Connecting to ck.rds.yahoo.com" and i end up on a DEX yellowpage site instead of the koa page. . I don't think it's weatherbug as i have run that program on 4 different boxes since 2003 without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to lack of response I will close the topic to prevent others from posting into it.

Note: the fixes in this topic are for this system only. Applying them to your system can cause severe damage and result in utter system failure. If you need help start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you