Malwarebytes Browsis not updated to the latest version in the mozilla store

JohnKd
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

On 3/5/2024 at 7:06 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Please see above. I'm also sure that at this point with uBlock Origin being so dominant they probably have a personal connection with the team that reviews at Mozilla. I.e. some level of politics probably fits into the mix more than likely. Not much we can do about that.

Send an email to Mozilla and ask them

How can we contact Mozilla to tell them about the BG updateç? It is taking too long tbh (NOT THAT IS YOUR FAULT GUYS, WE KNOW)

Hello @leo3487:

Understanding the risks of installing self-hosted extensions

How would a defense be mounted against the world's bad actors?

Mozilla's .xpi (PK) files (browser extension installer) do not have compulsory digital signing, nor bear an X.509 certificate.

It is not widely known if 3rd party authored .xpi files can be otherwise verified for integrity.

Can a downloaded .xpi file defend against a MITM attack? No.

Can a .xpi file be subjected to packing, crypting, obfuscating or other alterations without detection by Firefox? Yes.

HTH

CC: @David H. Lipman

Edited by 1PW
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

If you're using the paid version of Malwarebytes the main product will stop malware threats but it won't stop ads.

You can add uBlock Origin to help with Ads if you feel it's necessary

Not for macos users with malwarebytes premium, does not have web protection. Let's hope they fix it soon, i will keep sending emails, but i have no answer from them yet

• Like 1
  • Staff
14 hours ago, leo3487 said:

Here still with version 2.6.17

What are risk or problems to continue with out-dated version?

The positive news is that the extension databases are up to date.  The challenge is that the older version is missing improvements and bug fixes.

Here are the release notes for the extension: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/sections/4407288427283-Release-Notes

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gatortail said:

v2.6.24 was rejected by the Mozilla store yesterday.

We will try again with v2.6.25

I'd prefer not to degrade into a he said/she said situation of blame, but we are very frustrated and working to resolve this.

thanks for the hard work, hope they fix that soon

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...