🤔 hello, not sure where I should be. Have recent premium standard subscription for three devices V5 Android download. Not sure what specifics I need to include. However completely aware that I am missing some specs. need guidance. Looking for the correct forum. Basically Malwarebytes security no VPN, safe browsing that comes with download works perfectly for two and a half weeks. While using my Google 1 VPN. Having good feelings about this. Then. Yesterday, safe browsing reported itself as a threat, turned itself off, and also had two web block threats indicated and moved to quarantine. First I panicked then I read in support, steps to correct. And I corrected. Completed a scan. Safe browsing now working, however those two web block threats are gone too? and I didn't scan them individually like was suggested. I'm not sure where those threats went and how re-engaging safe browsing erased them? I I'm missing something..

Am I in the right forum? or where do I go? And what specific information should I include to advise you off my exact condition, position hand system.?  I thought I was a mid to high intermediate computer user. And now I realize I'm probably more like a mid-level novice. In other words I can navigate fairly well but I do not have technical terminology down pat. Also the subject matter of cybersecurity and self protection is completely overwhelming me all at once. 😵‍💫😲

Please, do explain to me as if you're explaining to a sixth grader. 

Thank you for your help in advance I appreciate it. ✌️ Montana

Okay thank you very much. May I ask what area is your specialty? I see your name often on these forums.

Understand, I just sit, get comfortable with patience, till the right someone answers?

If you have time maybe you can answer a couple of general questions for me.. if you don't have time that's okay.

I use Malwarebytes for security on the Android and my Windows 10 laptop. I'm wondering do you have an opinion on the effectiveness and/or reputation of Malwarebytes? I have also been told bitwarden has some advantages including their password manager. Have you heard of bitwarden before, Your opinion?

If there's a different security software that you are partial to and would recommend, which one would it be? 

I'm sure you have an idea about this or maybe a reference. I need to transfer my personal data (pics, docs, chrome browser favorites, even personal settings if possible)from my former Windows 10 laptop to my recent Windows 10 HP? . I have Google and Microsoft apps I use both.  Does Hotmail/ Outlook have a sync options? I also have a 250GB external drive.  I'm wondering what is the most efficient and simple way to transfer data from one laptop to another? And I want to transfer everything I have created in Microsoft software too. 

This might not be your area either I just thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe a referral to someone else or another forum elsewhere? I'm open to any advice.

Thank you for your time.

Montana

1 minute ago, Montana0603 said:

May I ask what area is your specialty?

Windows.

2 minutes ago, Montana0603 said:

I'm wondering do you have an opinion on the effectiveness and/or reputation of Malwarebytes?

I have used and resold Malwarebytes since before Malwarebytes ever was called Malwarebytes. I have 100's of happy users I service.

6 minutes ago, Montana0603 said:

If there's a different security software that you are partial to and would recommend, which one would it be? 

On Windows. Microsoft Security (Defender) and Malwarebytes are all I will use or recommend.

8 minutes ago, Montana0603 said:

I'm sure you have an idea about this or maybe a reference. I need to transfer my personal data (pics, docs, chrome browser favorites, even personal settings if possible)from my former Windows 10 laptop to my recent Windows 10 HP? . I have Google and Microsoft apps I use both.  Does Hotmail/ Outlook have a sync options? I also have a 250GB external drive.  I'm wondering what is the most efficient and simple way to transfer data from one laptop to another? And I want to transfer everything I have created in Microsoft software too. 

This is a topic for a different section as this is the Android section.

So we should both refrain from any non-Android discussions on this topic.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:58 PM, Montana0603 said:

safe browsing reported itself as a threat, turned itself off, and also had two web block threats indicated and moved to quarantine. First I panicked then I read in support, steps to correct. And I corrected. Completed a scan. Safe browsing now working, however those two web block threats are gone too? and I didn't scan them individually like was suggested. I'm not sure where those threats went and how re-engaging safe browsing erased them? I I'm missing something..

Hi @Montana0603,

I assume you followed this? Safe Browsing Scanner disabled in Malwarebytes for Android v5

So the issue now is that the web blocks are no longer in quarantine?  I think the websites were just successfully blocked.   I don't know if websites are really quarantined.  That would be more for malware.

I hope that makes sense... let me know,