MalwareBytes Privacy giving me European IPs

I am continuing to be denied access to various web sites (mostly financial and streaming) because the VPN is giving me European IPs.  When I have my location set to "New York," where I live, I get an IP that's geolocated to NYC but provided by M247 Europe, and registered to RIPE, not ARIN.  I opened a ticket about this and the tech advised me to change my location to Boston, where the IPs are provided by Datacamp.  That works most of the time - some sites don't allow VPN connections, period - but I'm pretty disappointed in this design.

3 hours ago, RSKadish said:

I am continuing to be denied access to various web sites (mostly financial and streaming)

This is typical with VPN's and you already know that from what I read in your post.

3 hours ago, RSKadish said:

some sites don't allow VPN connections, period

You can change locations in the app easily.

Is this on your iPhone?

Hi @Porthos,

Thanks for your reply.  This is on all devices (phone, tablet, Windows.)  The issue is that Malwarebytes Privacy is giving me IPs that are registered to a European provider and the registry for these IPs is RIPE, not ARIN.  

For instance one of my financial providers' web site and app tell me that their products are only available in the U.S. if I have the VPN location set to New York.  If I set the VPN location to Boston, I can get access.  That's because when it's set to Boston, I get an IP from Datacamp that's registered with ARIN.  

I never had this problem when I was using Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 as a VPN. 

6 minutes ago, RSKadish said:

If I set the VPN location to Boston, I can get access.  That's because when it's set to Boston, I get an IP from Datacamp that's registered with ARIN.  

I guess all I am saying why not leave it on Boston?