Escape from tarkov outgoing connection detected as compromised/malware

gasmask
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi,

i maybe have the same problem but cant confirm it since i have no insight into the attached files. I've got some listings in the detection history. The 1st one was a compromised file (EscapeFromTarkov.exe) which seemed to establish a connection to a blacklisted server (IP: 45.136.153.217) and the following notifications were just listed as blocked connections.

Was it the same IP? Maybe this server is used for german players.

Ofcourse my .exe was negative on Virustotal too (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/af18ed0f91960a7f1c98e9ffd24ea177b74be9746309c973f74c4c727352a7d6?nocache=1)

Turning off the notification for this IP would mean that I wouldn't notice any other real attacks via this IP, right?

EscapeFromTarkov.txt Software.txt

Your software is not up to date

Version: 4.6.6.294
Komponentenversion: 1.0.2201
Version des Aktualisierungspakets: 1.0.79115

Please update Malwarebytes to v4.6.7 and the latest updates and try again.

If you still have an issue, start a new thread.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:04 AM, Dashke said:

Yes, that would be the best choice, better than excluding the IP in the application. 🙂

Even better than disable notifications and add IP to exclusions, would be add the game .exe file to applications that connect to internet, right?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leo3487 said:

would be add the game .exe file to applications that connect to internet, right?

I and exile360 before he left used to give that same advice all the time. The game should not be affected by the bad IP. Just like the P2P IP blocks.

I have not seen or heard about any blowback from any users.