47.252.0.23 - AliCloud Datacenter detected as malware

CubicCastro
Go to solution Solved by BjelakovicL,

Hi,

I am playing a game called AFK Journey by Fairlight Games on my PC. Malwarebytes is blocking an outbound connection from the game to an IP of `47.252.0.23`.

I checked the IP and it seems to be owned by Alibaba Cloud. I'm not sure what the game wants to do to connect to this server.

My guess is that this is one of their analytics services as it doesn't prevent me from playing the game. The game would constantly freeze as it tries to establish a connection to that IP address and Malwarebytes would block it repeatedly.

Attached are the screenshots of the block and the logfiles.

image.png.2fc7d40a24270364b9cb28a19bfa1d95.png image.png.aaf69689cc55f18315efabf8010dbcdd.png image.png.ffc6df63d02f222a821c37ef28d63fa9.png

mb-fp-maybe-1.txt mb-fp-maybe-2.txt

17 hours ago, BjelakovicL said:

Hi,

Thank you for reporting. The IP block will be removed in the next database update.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. To be clear, I haven't done any deep dive into the connection and thus I am not sure what it's actually doing.

Do you do any investigation before removing the block? That would be very helpful, in case if it really is a malicious server.

Thanks again.