Please improve the adding to exclusions method

1- Please give us the ability to add multiple folders and/or files simultaneously by placing checkmarks next to folders and files

2- Please let the application remember the last file/folder location because every time I need to exclude an item, I need to go to This PC > the navigate to the location of that folder file which adds to the time needed when one wants to exclude multiple items.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Thank you for the feedback @Super_Spartan

I can agree with option 2 for sure.

The first option though could be quite dangerous and nullify the program even working properly. Perhaps as long as it did not allow any of the main well known folders from being excluded.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 4:29 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you for the feedback @Super_Spartan

I can agree with option 2 for sure.

The first option though could be quite dangerous and nullify the program even working properly. Perhaps as long as it did not allow any of the main well known folders from being excluded.

One more thing I noticed, I use a 4K monitor with a DPI scaling set at 150%. Malwarebytes UI looks way too small as if it's ignoring that DPI scaling. Please inform the concerned department:

I fixed it by setting the compatibility scaling to system enhanced but users should not need to do this by default

before:

scalingnotworking.thumb.png.2192ae03d5245aa37dc4afdbfd8f9207.png

after:

ScreenShot12.thumb.png.a3e49f2d461b2a97cc94fb507572e3ba.png

proper.thumb.png.b7f1e1bc366d121a3c4b7cf092157e42.png

• Root Admin

I too am on a 4K monitor and Malwarebytes UI is DPI aware.  We are trying to work on some improvements for MB5

The issue has come up before. It appears to be a complex issue due to so many variables that are involved.

In that article from a few years ago I was on Windows 10 - I'm now on Windows 11 and completely different hardware but the results are the same. I do not see the same issue you and perhaps some other experience. Thus why I say we are aware that some users do experience an issue but many do not.

Windows 11 Pro x64

image.png

image.png

Here is a copy for reference of your screen grab and size and what Malwarebytes looks like on my system

image.png

Thank you again for your feedback.

• Like 1