Malware that keeps coming back

Hello,

I have an malware on my pc that keeps coming back and is slowing down my pc. I removed it with Malwarebytes but at startup, it comes back.

I ran ADwcleaner , it finds something on startup which is Advanced Care from Iobit which is weird. Can I please get some help, my computer is so slow right now..

I'm running Eset Online Scanner at the moment but i dont know what to do, it feels like it just comes back

Thanks a lot

malwrreport.txtAddition.txtFRST.txt

Hello. :welcome: My name is Maurice. I will guide you.

• Removing pesky malware can be an involved set of tasks over separate runs. Have much patience. Follow my directions. 
  • You ought to uninstall the Advanced Care program. It is not worth having. Not recommended.
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • The removal of malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.

Do these 2 steps so that ALL folders & Files are set to SHOW, plus also, Turn OFF Windows Fast start.
    1. Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299345-show-hidden-folders-files-extensions/

2. Disable-Fast-Startup
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/299350-disable-fast-startup/

(   3.   )

First some housekeeping, and then one Scan.  
Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, let us make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".
{ We want that to be set as Off   .... be sure that line's  radio-button selection is all the way to the Left.  thanks. }

This will not affect any real-time protection of the Malwarebytes for Windows    😃.

• now Click the General tab.
  • Under Application updates, click the Check for updates button.

When it shows a new version available, Accept it and let it proceed forward.  Be sure it succeeds.

If prompted to do a Restart, just please follow all directions.

Let me know how that goes.    Next, the Malwarebytes scan

Next, click the small x on the Settings line to go to the main Malwarebytes Window.   Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d5c4071c62ed66534301fbb217b93bc0.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine2.jpg.6c45445994d4125c0b617ac7c5551e03.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

(   4   )

Let's do one scan with Malwarebytes Adwcleaner to check for adwares. Just before pressing that "scan" button, be sure that Chrome & Edge, or other web browser are Closed.

It will not take much time,

First download & save it
guide & download link

Then be sure to close all web browsers after the download & before launching the tool.

Then go to where the EXE file is saved. Start Adwcleaner.  Then do a scan with Adwcleaner

Guide article

Edited by Maurice Naggar

hey Maurice thanks for your help.
I can confirm that the "Windows Security Center" option is off and that malwarebytes is up to date.

Here is what I had yesterday when I removed the first phrase with malwaresbytes
malwrreport.txt i also ran kprm as i followed one guide here is the result kprm-20231018183611.txt. I did run ADWcleaner, it removed something, then i ran it again after full reboot and it also removed something but i didnt save the report2mlwb.txt. I'm currently running ESET online scanner but its taking ages
image.png.91510022ab5db9328cb8eec4a047e789.png

the thing i'm scared is that i do this steps and it just comes back again.

I'll be following closely what you're asking me to do, but ADWcleaner isn't getting anything anymore for now, what is the next step please ?

Regards

Hello. You ought not to have run the KPRM tool on your own.  Please do not run any other tool or program on your own. If you have an issue, ask me first, and wait for my guidance.

Just a question: Has the ESET scan completed ?

I would like a report set for review. This is a report only. This is the first beginning step so I can see what is what on this particular machine.

Please download MALWAREBYTES MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced >>> then Gather Logs

Have patience till the run has finished.
Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop to your reply..

Stick with me on this case-thread. Other users on my other cases have diferent issue, plus they are at different stages. So never ( on your own) run stuff seen on cases of other folks.

Thanks for the reports. The next thing that needs to be done is the Uninstall of these 3 applications

IObit Malware Fighter 10

IObit SysInfo 
IObit Uninstaller

One at a time, uninstall each one. 

1. Press & hold  the Windows key on keyboard & then tap the R key   to open the Run box-window.
2. Type

appwiz.cpl

and tap Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.   Locate on the list "...the program".

Do a right-click on it.  Then choose Uninstall.   Let it proceed.

Those are not recommended. That "publisher" in the past used very dodgy practices. You do not need any of those "things".

Next, launch Malwarebytes.

Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d5c4071c62ed66534301fbb217b93bc0.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine2.jpg.6c45445994d4125c0b617ac7c5551e03.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Now a different scan with another security scanner. 

You should first Close as many of your open-user app-screens as possible. That is to say, Exit all that you do not need to have open.

This with Kaspersky KVRT tool.

Download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (KVRT) from here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool and save to your Desktop.

Next, Select the Windows Key and R Key together, the "Run" box should open.

user posted image

Drag and Drop KVRT.exe into the Run Box.

user posted image

C:\Users\user\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe will now show in the run box.

user posted image

add
-dontencrypt

Note the space between KVRT.exe and -dontencrypt

C:\Users\user\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe -dontencrypt 

should now show in the Run box.

user posted image

That addendum to the run command is very important.

To start the scan select OK in the "Run" box.

The Windows Protected your PC window "may" open, IF SO then select "More Info"

user posted image

A new Window will open, select "Run anyway"

user posted image

A EULA window will open, tick both confirmation boxes then select "Accept"

user posted image

Go slow & careful on this part.  In the new window select "Change Parameters"

user posted image

• In the new window ensure the following boxes are ticked:
    • System memory
    • Startup objects
    • Boot sectors
    • System drive
  • Then select "OK" and "Start scan“.

The Kaspersky tool is very thorough so will take a considerable time to complete, please allow it to finish. Also while Kaspersky runs do not use your PC for anything else..

• completed: If entries are found, there will be options to choose. If "Cure" is offered, leave as it is. For any other options change to "Delete", then select "Continue".
  • Usually, your system needs a reboot to finish the removal process.
  • Logfiles can be found on your systemdrive (usually C: ), similar like this:

Reports are saved here C:\KVRT2020_Data\Reports and look similar to this report_20231028_203000.klr

• Right click direct onto those reports, select > open with > Notepad.
  • Save the files and attach them with your next reply
  • Have lots of patience, as this will most likely run for many hours.
  • Also, be aware I am a volunteer here. I help here as personal time permits. I am not on all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks